Wesley Medical Center
For more than 85 years, Wesley has helped welcome babies into the world. Wesley has been known as "The Baby Hospital" since opening Wichita's first "Mother's Room" in 1912. Our expertise has earned us a reputation as the premier hospital for obstetrical services, and is one of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas, delivering more than 500 babies per month -- more than any other hospital in our 13 state region.
With our 40 bed Level III NICU, Wesley Women's Hospital
is the regional referral center for high risk pregnancies. Wesley's BirthCare Center
is a facility especially designed for women who are expecting a low-risk birth, and is located adjacent to the main facility. Position Summary:
The Assistant Nurse Manager provides leadership through collaboration with the Nursing Manager of the Department in planning, organizing, coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating the care provided for patients in the unit. Responsibilities include fiscal, human resource, risk management, and operational functions. The Assistant Nurse Manager contributes to strategic planning and program development and maintains 24 -hour accountability. The Assistant Nurse Manager delegated duties and functions within the philosophy and overall scope of responsibility.Qualifications: Required Registration, Licensure or Certification
Preferred Registration, Licensure or Certification Required Education or Experience
- Current Licensure in the State of Kansas as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course, as specified in policy
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) verification course, as specified in policy (including Birth Care Center, Postpartum and Labor & Delivery)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) verification course , as specified in policy - ( including Birth Care Center and Labor & Delivery)
- Sugar, Temp, Airway, BP, Emotional Support (S.T.A.B.L.E) verification course, as specified in policy
- Fetal Monitoring (IFMC) verification course, as specified in policy- (including Birth Care Center, Labor & Delivery and High Risk OB Oncology)
- Advanced Fetal Monitoring (AFM&A) verification course, as specified in policy - (including Birth Care Center, Labor & Delivery and High Risk OB Oncology)
- Successful completion of the Wesley Dysrhythmia exam within allotted timeframe, as specified in policy (including Birth Care Center and Labor & Delivery)
- Chemotherapy & Biotherapy (ONS) - required if giving chemotherapy
Preferred Education or Experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to utilize the nursing process in the provision of nursing care including, but not limited to, administering treatments and medications, interpreting diagnostic tests, formulating a plan of care, collaborating with other health care providers and providing education to patients and/or significant others.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Possess personal computer skills.
- Ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritize
- Possess problem-solving and critical thinking skills
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom