The Assistant Operations Manager is responsible for supervising, controlling, and coordinating merchandise movement within specified productivity, cost and quality standards. Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure customer orders are picked, checked, and packed accurately and in a timely fashion (i.e. next day service) each day.
- Develop and direct methods to improve productivity and accuracy.
- Coach, motivate, and correct employees as needed.
- Provide on-the-job training.
- Remain current on MWI policies and procedures for all aspects of operations.
- Monitor and enforce compliance with safety and security procedures.
- Maintain compliance in all areas of the warehouse as it pertains to Federal and State regulatory agencies.
- Ensure warehouse housekeeping and maintenance is performed daily or as needed.
- Assist in the hiring and recruiting process when needed.
- Assist with inventory cycle counts and other projects as needed
High school diploma or equivalent is needed; a Bachelor's degree in business or similar field is strongly preferred. Typically two or more years of warehouse experience is required, with preference given to animal or human health
distribution experience. Excellent communication, administrative, managerial, and interpersonal skills are essential. Must have a proven ability to recruit, train and motivate staff. A valid drivers' license and good driving record are needed.
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.