Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Cummins delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Tampa, FL for an Assistant Operations Manager.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
Qualifications: Skills and Experience Required:
- Responsible for all functions and financial metrics for the branch.
- Provides input into the Annual Operating Plan; manages the branch to the Annual Operating Plan; monitors all appropriate business metrics including Branch balanced scorecard, profit and loss metrics, and asset metrics.
- Provides input into annual marketing and sales plan; develops and maintains business relationships with customers, and develops new business partners and alliances for the branch.
- Develops an understanding of Cummins' business in the region, globally, and across all business units.
- Manages customer satisfaction for the Branch as measured by Net Promoter Score and Lens of the Customer programs; develops a culture of customer service in the branch; recruits, develops, motivates, and retains high quality customer service employees.
- Manages customer service through Branch operations; implements and enforces use of defined service processes.
- Manages warranty submission and rejection for the branch; develops an understanding of repetitive warranty issues and provides feedback to the organization to ensure product and service improvement; monitors Repair Event Cycle Time and manages process improvements within the branch.
- Manages compliance with health, safety, and environmental standards and compliance; actively participates in health, safety, and environment audits.
- Ensures that employees understand Cummins' culture of corporate responsibility.
- Manages facilities maintenance; manages leases; recommends changes to facilities as appropriate.
- Manages, develops, and motivates employees; completes, agrees to and monitors work plans and Individual Development Plans for direct reports.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Channel Repair Process - QuickServe - Able to lead others in executing the QuickServe process. Demonstrate improvements using the QuickServe Customer Meter/Net Promoter Score data. Able to identify correlation between key service performance indicators and QuickServe Customer Meter to determine how well the process is being executed.
- Service Cross Functional Knowledge - Basic understanding of the service processes, both retail and service support. Experience with the tools of service such as diagnostic procedures, technical support, and reliability improvement. User should have experience in field investigation of product failure. User should understand diagnostic procedures and how our product is serviced in the field.
- Communication - Written and Verbal - Is able to effectively and clearly communicate in both written and verbal means.
- Analyze Issues - Understanding of how to analyze issues. Demonstrates use of analysis skills to learn and analyze information in a timely way. Applies accurate logic in solving problems.
- Manage Execution - Solid understanding of how to manage execution. Manages the performance of self and others through the use of structured tools. Delegates effectively and regularly with solid support and follow through. Uses defined processes to manage execution.
- Claims Management System - Awareness of the Claims Management Systems. Also has some knowledge of Cummins products and their respective warranty coverage's. Familiarization with the Warranty Administration Manual, campaigns, Temporary Repair Practices, and warranty alerts.
- Focus on Customer Needs - Familiar with key Cummins customers. Knowledge would include business strategies, organizational structures, geographic footprints, financial results, internal processes, and primary needs for effective segmentation.
- College, university degree, or equivalent experience in Business Administration, Engineering, or related subject required.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
- Significant (3 years') relevant experience required, including managerial and budgetary experience.
- Cummins Distributor and/or Dealer experience preferred.
- Mobility - Must be willing to relocate based on needs of company in the Cummins - South Region.
Base Salary commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.