Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Our Distribution business delivers reliable, durable, high performing products for our global partners. You are key to our customers' success. Working with industry leading technology and business professionals, you'll deliver solutions that build your knowledge base and fuel your career.
*Geographic mobility required to be eligible for consideration. Must be willing to relocate based on needs of the company in the Cummins South Region Responsibilities
- Supervises small groups of employees who install, service, and repair equipment and machinery.
- Supervises small groups of Service Technicians; coordinates and schedules Technician work schedules; communicates repair plans to Technicians aligned with customer quotes; monitors Technician productivity and repair quality.
- Provides coaching and feedback to individual Service Technicians; provides performance reviews and opportunities for professional growth.
- Provides some first level of support to Service Technicians requiring assistance; escalates technical support needs for resolution when needed.
- Assists with service logistics including use of materials, equipment, and employees ensuring safety, quality, and efficient operations.
- Assist with reviewing quotes for accuracy prior to communication to customers; provides updates on repair status and any plan or schedule changes.
- Monitors the status of open repairs with workshop technicians; addresses issues that impact completion of the repair plan in the time quoted to customers.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Channel Repair Process - QuickServe - Able to lead others in executing the QuickServe process.
- Demonstrate improvements using the QuickServe Customer Meter/Net Promoter Score data.
- Able to identify correlation between key service performance indicators and QuickServe Customer Meter to determine how well the process is being executed.
- Service Cross Functional Knowledge - Basic understanding of the service processes, both retail and service support.
- Experience with the tools of service such as diagnostic procedures, technical support, and reliability improvement. User should have experience in field investigation of product failure. User should understand diagnostic procedures and how our product is serviced in the field.
- Communication - Written and Verbal - Is able to effectively and clearly communicate in both written and verbal means.
- Analyze Issues - Some knowledge or awareness of how to analyze issues. Demonstrates basic analysis of issues and some application of logic and problem solving skills. Identifies the connection between different issues and problems.
- Manage Execution - Some knowledge or awareness about how to manage execution. Limited evidence of structured approaches to managing execution.
- Management System - Awareness of the Claims Management Systems. Also has some knowledge of Cummins products and their respective warranty coverage's. Familiarization with the Warranty Administration Manual, campaigns, Temporary Repair Practices, and warranty alerts.
- Focus on Customer Needs - Basic understanding of customers.
- Technical trade school degree or equivalent education, or equivalent experience required.
Compensation and Benefits
- Relevant work experience, including team leadership experience, preferred
- Cummins Distributor and/or Dealer experience preferred
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to work with ground-breaking products and technology? Apply for this opportunity to start your career as an extraordinary Tech with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.