At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M Springfield, Missouri is a great place to work. We are recognized for delivering results while serving multiple markets and products. We currently produce adhesives, adhesive coated films, and sealants for 16 different divisions. Here, you go!Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Diversified Adhesives Assistant Operator will be responsible for but not limited to the following specific duties:
Additionally, this a developmental role. Once the Diversified Adhesives Assistant Operator is fully trained, they will be required to promote to a Diversified Adhesives Operator when there is an available position. This move may require changing shifts.This position will require:
- Perform daily safety and equipment checks
- Maintain excellent housekeeping, understand and follow all safety and quality policies and procedures
- Production reporting
- Setting up raw material inputs
- Perform quality inspection continuously monitoring before pack out
- Identify, package, label, mark and handle hazardous material correctly, including hazardous waste, in accordance with federal and state regulations
- Pack material in cartons
- Palletize cartons
- Handle equipment parts and participate in assembly, disassembly and cleaning of equipment
- Support running assigned work center under guidance of operator
- Powered Industrial Vehicle operation
- Perform other duties as assigned by lead or supervisor
- Working overtime
- Weekend work
- Working holidays as needed
- Short notice call in
- Working either 2nd, 3rd and/or rotating shifts depending on shift availability
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Ability to understand and follow both oral and written instructions
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience in a manufacturing and/or distribution environment
- Previous experience performing data entry tasks
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience in agriculture and/or farming or a mechanical field
- Computer/keyboarding skills
: Springfield, MissouriRelocation:
Is not authorized
This posting is for a Assistant Operator position at 3M Springfield. Qualified applications may be considered when Assistant Operator openings occur at 3M Springfield for up to 6 months of the posting of this requisition
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M elected testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.