Job Location: Clarks Summit, PA
The machine operator properly sets up and operates MICR printers, check inserters, folders, and is able to process checks. The role also maintains all required meter logs, reconciliation logs, postage reports, check inventory logs, and check statement logs accurately.
- All outputs are inspected for quality and accuracy- output counts must be exact at all times.
- Ensures problems are immediately reported to the area supervisor and / or management.
- Answers phone politely and responds professionally to all requests from internal and external customers.
- Handles requests for special check processing with quick, precise response, being able to accurately match administrative personnel labels with quality control sheets.
- Uses time productively; seeks additional work during slower periods and helps others in meeting commitments.
- Keeps accurate and precise counts on all log sheets of all checks printed, inserted, presort and special handling.
- Gives clear and precise carryover instructions to all co-workers taking over for them.
- Has thorough understanding of all procedures dealing with MA&H cancellations; this includes matching, mass certified, and affiant responsibilities and prepares spoiled postage reports and meter replenishments.
- Takes corrective action regarding problems encountered in all areas.
- Maintains accurate logs pertaining to mail presort; release and distribute all hardcopy / mail
- Will take corrective action with all problems encountered, and see that all trouble report tickets are properly written and closed on all hardware and software problems.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of check reconciliation and check reprint processes through MetLife systems.
- Is able to make sound decisions to ensure all commitments are met.
- Position includes pushing, pulling, lifting. Lifting can be up to 20 lbs. Position is considered light industrial.
- Role shift is 7am to 330pm with standard breaks; must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience as a machine operator a plus
Global Technology & Operations
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 46441