Assistant Packaging Graphics Manager
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posted: May 17, 2017
Reference ID: 40773
• Leads the successful execution of Coca-Cola North America packaging graphics programs and initiatives VEB and other Still brands, inclusive of timelines, budgets, agency and vendor management.
• Stewards operational feasibility and packaging commercialization analysis, to address time constraints, system requirements, and budgetary implications for packaging graphic initiatives.
• Develops and leads analytic projects by assuming responsibility for all project elements (e.g. objective, scope, resources, milestones, key stakeholder updates) with little or no management supervision
• Provides expertise in ensuring that all Coca-Cola North America Marketing headquartered and regional packaging programs meet Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Trademark, Legal and Marketing requirements through the use of various internal processes and technologies thus minimizing the Company's overall risk of costly packaging recalls due to errors/omissions.
• Leads consistent execution of visual standards across all packaging and substrates through auditing packaging and promotional artwork and design and challenges suppliers to achieve continuous efficiencies through process improvements.
The role of the Assistant Packaging Graphics Manager requires a very high level of attention to detail, organizational skills and the ability to produce results in a rapidly changing and fast-paced environment. The ability to act with integrity, contribute to team success and problem solving are integral competencies as well. Must have a working knowledge of printing processes and artwork management.
1. Analyze and interpret creative briefs, develop budgets and executional plans for brand/customer/innovation packaging graphic programs from design to printer output in-market. (40%)
2. Facilitates communication between business leads and Food Law, Trademark, SRA, Design teams, Vendors, Packaging Engineers and Bottlers) for new package designs, promotional packaging and package changes across multiple brands (20%)
3. Develops and leads design and trademark standards process consistent with The CCNA Compliance Standard Operating Policy Manual. (15%)
4. Provides technical/compliance expertise artwork development processes to headquarters, region leaders and associates. (10%)
5. Analyze key supplier reporting metrics to develop and enhance internal processes. (5%)
6. Develops and maintains positive, productive and integrated relationships with members of the Packaging Graphics, Packaging Innovation, Program Commercialization and other business units. (5%)
7. Proactively shares knowledge, learnings, and information with team members and seeks linkages with other projects within the group. (5%) Expertise:
Competent level knowledge for the following
• FDA guidelines, rules and exceptions for collaboration with internal constituents to include Science and Regulatory Affairs, Legal, Trademark and internal Project Managers.
• Principles of production management to effectively communicate and manage change in a production environment
• Quality/Compliance Standard Operating Procedures
• Ability to lead and collaborate in a cross-functional environment
• Ability to analyze business processes and develop systems-based solutions for enhancement and improvement
• Financial Management - estimating, negotiating, analysis, reporting
• Knowledge of artwork management systems
• Develop solutions to minimize/eliminate risks and maximize successful outcomes across programs
• Utilize technologies and databases to minimize errors and meet accelerated marketing program timing
• Balance immediate and long-term priorities.
• Project Management - Manages the multiple external resources required for auditing Coca-Cola North America packaging initiatives.
• Decision Making - Provides timely and relevant analysis of graphic content to avoid production delays and/or possible recalls
• Independent Judgment - Manages and disseminates critical information and provides solutions throughout the packaging graphic design and production process
• Project Management - Leads project/initiatives designed to deliver against brand communication strategies and core creative ideas.
• Financial Management - Leads analysis, negotiation, of design and production budgets for National, Regional, Customer, Innovation business units across CCNA Brand portfolio
Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Business, Marketing or equivalent experience required
5 or more years of relevant experience required
- Print Production Management through artwork management system
- Pre-Press Management
- Program Management
- Copy Editing / Proofreader
- Graphic Design
- Understanding of Printing Processes
- Knowledge of substrate specifications
- Budget and Project Forecasting
- Analysis using internal databases, proprietary systems and tools
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees, and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education, employment history, a criminal history check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
The Coca-Cola Company is the world's largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands and more than 3,800 beverage choices. Led by Coca-Cola, one of the world's most valuable and recognizable brands, our Company portfolio features 20 billion-dollar brands, many of which are available in reduced-, low- or no-calorie options. Our billion-dollar brands include Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Zero, Fanta, Sprite, vitaminwater and Powerade. Through the world's largest beverage distribution system, we are the No. 1 provider of both sparkling and still beverages. More than 1.9 billion servings of our beverages are enjoyed by consumers in more than 200 countries each day. With an enduring commitment to building sustainable communities, our Company is focused on initiatives that reduce our environmental footprint, create a safe, inclusive work environment for our associates, and enhance the economic development of the communities where we operate. For more information, visit Coca-Cola Journey at http://www.coca-colacompany.com/homepage Coca-Cola Beverages (Shanghai) Ltd. an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of The Coca-Cola Company, provides marketing and technical/quality services to The Coca-Cola Company in China.
Relocation costs are not provided for this job. By applying for this job, candidates understand and acknowledge that the Company will not provide relocation assistance or support and that relocation will be entirely the responsibility of the candidate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top