The Assistant Pasteurizer operates the HTST and employs the correct formulas and processes to supply the manufacturing department with the mix needed to meet scheduled production requirements.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Responsible for performing job functions in a manner that promotes a safe work environment, including compliance with confined space, PPE, fall protection, and all other safety policies and practices.
- Sets up tanks and silos to receive product, including sanitizing and the assembly and disassembly of equipment. Operates system to assemble batches of mix according to the required specifications, and ensures completion of all required paperwork.
- Orders necessary ingredients per formula specifications. Acquires familiarity with outside purchases of liquid ingredients and ability to forecast the needs of doing so.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all GMP and quality requirements, including the cleanliness of the mix area.
- Monitors equipment for malfunctions and performs minor repairs when needed. Communicates with management and maintenance department regarding reoccurring problems and repair needs.
- Oversees mix room operations, including rework personnel.
- Plays active role within the WCM and other continuous improvement activities. Works with inspectors during equipment testing.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Basic understanding and ability to use computers. Basic mathematical aptitude.
- Experience or training in operation of forklifts, ability to learn how to operate tractor/trailers in order to
operate them on the lot.
- Ability to understand mechanical concepts and learn all aspects of the position in a short period of time.
- Satisfactory score on the assessment test that is given to be considered for this position.
- Ability to lift 50 to 80 pound bags of powder
PREFERRED / DESIRABLE:
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Experience as a Machine Operator in Manufacturing.
- IT Skills – Competent in the use of Machine systems that record Material Movement, Losses and Quality. Must also be competent in the use of Microsoft Office; Excel and Word programmes.
- Experience of manufacturing in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods Company.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
A little about us:
With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.