Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is one of the nation's leading single-source suppliers of gases, welding and safety products. Known locally and nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise. As the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hard goods, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 employees working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you.
The Assistant Plant Manager has responsibility for plant operations including repackaging compressed and liquid gases, distribution to internal and external customers. Areas of responsibility include safety; compliance with applicable laws, regulations and policies; efficient production and distribution schedules; record keeping; training and supervision of staff of approximately 15 associates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
• Operate and safely maintain equipment for distribution, pumping or repackaging gases into cylinders while ensuring compliance with all federal, state, local and company policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
• Assist with all injury and accident investigations and reports.
• Corrects unsafe acts or conditions without delay.
• Assist with interpretation of company policies to workers and enforce safety regulations.
• Resolve problems associated with plant operation.
• Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed and safety training is regularly scheduled, conducted and documented.
• Maintain neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
• Supervise and coordinate daily activities of drivers/workers engaged in plant operations. Assign job tasks according to customer needs, current stock levels and workers' expertise.
• Study production and distribution schedules and estimate worker-hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
• Assist in maintaining time and production records.
• Assist the Facility Manager with coaching and corrective action, to ensure that poor performers are identified, documented and improved to acceptable performance, or released.
• Assist Facility Manager with associate complaints, grievances, etc. are effectively handled.
• Assist Facility Manager with pre-employment documentation
• Assist with training plant and branch personnel to insure adequate and consistent production levels to meet customer demands.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma
• Fill plant experience
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
• Experience in welding industry and working knowledge of cylinder fill operations.
• Must be computer literate.
• Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
• Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
• Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and background.
• Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
• 5 years industry experience in plant or distribution setting
• 1 year SAP experience
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.