Assistant Plant Manager - Riverton, NJ
Location: Riverton, New Jersey
Posted: November 05, 2017
Reference ID: 15709
A Super Opportunity Awaits You!
Airgas Specialty Gases, an Air Liquide company, the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products is seeking an Assistant Plant Manager in Riverton, NJ.
Manage the day-to-day operations of the Specialty Gases facility including production, inventory control, distribution, and liaison with other departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The Assistant Plant Manager coordinates efforts among appointed management personnel to improve the functioning of the organization. The Assistant Site Manager assumes responsibility for the plant operation in absence of the Site Manager. Specific responsibilities include:
• Schedule filling priorities to ensure customer demands are achieved in a reliable and cost effective manner by working with inside sales, quality control, production, and distribution departments.
• Responsible for meeting inventory control targets, raw material procurement and optimizing utilization of resources.
• Implement and manage assigned plant loss prevention, labor, and product liability program. Monitor compliance to ensure policies are understood and strictly adhered to.
• Recruit and train as needed to ensure that adequate levels of staffing exist to operate the organization.
• Maintain positive employee relations.
• Reinforce and correct employee performance, as necessary.
• Supervise and develop direct reports. Provide framework for development of indirect reports. Participate in appraisal and salary review process.
• As a team member, participate in project meetings to achieve overall cost reductions or capacity increase, working closely with the division engineering group.
• Order Raw Materials when required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in chemistry or related field
• Occasionally (1-33% of work time);
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability