Airgas USA, LLC is hiring an Assistant Plant Manager in our Rockford, IL facility!
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as an Assistant Plant Manager! Airgas USA, LLC, a Fortune 500, $6B organization is planning for continued growth. As the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States, Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment!
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in producing, and distributing compressed gases.
• Corrects unsafe acts or conditions without delay.
• Assigns task to workers according to customers' needs, current stock levels and worker's expertise.
• Studies production schedules and estimates worker-hour requirements for completion of job assignments.
• Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
• Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules, using knowledge of capacities of machines and equipment.
• Implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, quality of product, and changes working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew.
• Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
• Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
• Recommends or initiates personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, discharge, and disciplinary measures.
• Trains new workers and cross trains employees to continue production during personnel shortages.
• Maintains time and production records
Supervise the activities of the following personnel to accomplish job duties:
• High Pressure Plant Personnel.
• Cylinder Maintenance Department
• Train and understand all aspects of each department
• Distribution Department
Inter branch Cylinder Distribution
Inter branch hard goods Distribution
Customer route distribution
• Provide assistance to the Plant Manager with regard to planning and managing capital investments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
• Coordinate activities to work within budgets, control expenses, and provide necessary reports and information for capital expenditure reports.
• Coordinate the proper inventory levels of cylinders and products.
• Monitor capital cash flow to assure that regional plans and budgets are controlled to agreed limits; and promote efficiencies.
• Promote development and cross training of staff.
• Operate and safely maintain the high pressure gas repackaging plant while ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local and company policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
• Manage and lead subordinate supervisors to provide leadership 20 or more associates.
• Conduct periodic checks of each operation unit for safe and efficient operation.
• Ensure monthly safety meeting are conducted.
• Ensure all injuries and accidents are properly investigated and reported within 24 hours.
• Resolve problems associated with plant operation
• Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed and safety training is regularly scheduled, conducted and documented.
• Maintain neat, clean and orderly plant appearance. Maintain compliance with Airgas housekeeping policies.
• Provide coaching and corrective action promptly, to ensure that poor performers are identified, documented and improved to an acceptable performance level, or released.
• Approve overtime when essential, while keeping overtime to acceptable levels.
• Ensure employee complaints, grievances, etc. is effectively handled.
• Ensure pre-employment documentation and physical examinations are completed in a timely manner.
• Coordinate with other work groups within the region to determine priorities regarding allocation of operation resources to all capital investment projects.
• Coordinate the procurement and organization of supplies and equipment for production to reduce downtime and promote efficiencies.
• Coordinate the proper inventory levels of supplies and equipment.
• Operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
• Working knowledge of pumps and equipment within the plant.
• Production levels
• Cylinder control
• Wage and salary expense
• Equipment repair expense
• Supply and equipment expense
• Experience supervising, motivating and leading employees, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
• Thorough understanding of CFR 49, Parts 100 to 177 and have the ability to apply these regulations to the specialty gases produced.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organization, documentation and follow-up skills.
• Mechanical aptitude.
• Computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar software suite.
• Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours; Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required.
• Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, pushing, pulling and finger activities.
• Ability to read and comprehend Materiel Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
• Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work flexible schedule to meet management requirements and customer expectations.
• Ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
• Ability to work outdoors in temperatures ranging from -10 to over 110 degrees.
• Ability to operate in a drug-free workplace.
• Must possess a High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor's degree preferred.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas USA, LLC.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.