Overview Technology enhances your life - your job should too. At Microsoft Retail Stores, that is what we believe. We are the hub of Microsoft’s cutting-edge devices and services, here to provide customers with a world-class, omni-channel experience in this evolving retail world. We serve as centers of innovation, connecting customers with technology that simplifies their lives and inspires their creative potential. As a member of the Retail Stores team you will cultivate the skills to pave the way for your ultimate career path. Your unique talents, perspective, and abilities will help inform our journey and transformation as a company. We are seeking teammates who are dedicated to finding deeper meaning and purpose in their work. Join our journey - find your passion. The Assistant Store Manager (ASM) leads team members in the store to serve customers and achieve goals through coaching and driving key metrics. The ASM will instruct employees on performance expectations, policy, and procedure. The ASM will invest in the overall growth of individual team members.
• Collaboration & Leadership
• Support the selection and attraction of high-energy, team members who obsess about the customer experience.
• Lead the team in education, building confidence in selling and service skills while empowering employees to grow.
• Provide recognition, feedback, development, and growth opportunities focused on producing the store’s next leaders.
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with in-market employees, customers, corporate partners, and community organizations.
• Drive for Results
• Increase sales through flawless execution of corporate/store direction and rallying team support of Microsoft Retail Stores strategies.
• Oversee and regularly monitor all operating processes, including staffing levels, scheduling, and payroll.
• Ensure proper cash handling, merchandising, and inventory control processes are precisely communicated and followed.
• Build loyalty in the customer base through steps of service and customer engagement
• Own an area of responsibility in the daily functions of the store.
• Maintain a safe working environment and protect company assets including people, merchandise, facilities, and money by learning, understanding, and following all company policies and practices.
• Recruit, interview, hire, train, and develop employees while achieving all employment-related compliance requirements.
• Engage, educate, excite, and empower employees and customers with the same level of passion and commitment.
Additional Skills and Abilities Required
• Have a love for Microsoft, be a brand evangelist, and have a deep understanding of Microsoft products (Windows, Office, Xbox, Windows Phone, Surface, and services).
• Lead by example, take pride in your work, and enjoy helping and developing others while creating fun environments and energizing people through your passion.
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a high-level attention to detail.
• Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, public-facing environment, driven to get results by directing a team.
2+ Years Retail store management experience or People Management Experience
Valid authorization to work in the U.S. is required; no visa sponsorship is available for this position
Coaching or management of individuals in a metrics-driven consultative sales environment
Previous experience managing or training in retail technology/electronics industry is a plus
College degree preferred.
Disclaimer - This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.