Assistant Store Manager - Charlotte, NC - Southpark
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Posted: December 20, 2017
Reference ID: 1085270
Microsoft Store is the public face of Microsoft, where every individual, community and business can directly experience all that's possible with Microsoft, and we’re looking for the best and brightest talent to tell our story. Are you interested in a career where you can inspire customers and make an impact while building lifelong skills? If so, we’re the place for you! Help connect customers with their passions to achieve more, through our physical and digital retail properties. Microsoft Store includes jobs in physical retail locations, digital property teams and corporate locations.
The Assistant Store Manager (ASM) leads team members in the store to serve customers and achieve goals through coaching and driving key metrics. The ASM will instruct employees on performance expectations, policy, and procedure. The ASM will invest in the overall growth of individual team members.
• Collaboration & Leadership
• Support the selection and attraction of high-energy, team members who obsess about the customer experience.
• Lead the team in education, building confidence in selling and service skills while empowering employees to grow.
• Provide recognition, feedback, development, and growth opportunities focused on producing the store’s next leaders.
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with in-market employees, customers, corporate partners, and community organizations.
• Drive for Results
• Increase sales through flawless execution of corporate/store direction and rallying team support of Microsoft Retail Stores strategies.
• Oversee and regularly monitor all operating processes, including staffing levels, scheduling, and payroll.
• Ensure proper cash handling, merchandising, and inventory control processes are precisely communicated and followed.
• Build loyalty in the customer base through steps of service and customer engagement
• Own an area of responsibility in the daily functions of the store.
• Maintain a safe working environment and protect company assets including people, merchandise, facilities, and money by learning, understanding, and following all company policies and practices.
• Recruit, interview, hire, train, and develop employees while achieving all employment-related compliance requirements.
• Engage, educate, excite, and empower employees and customers with the same level of passion and commitment.
Additional Skills and Abilities Required:
• Have a love for Microsoft, be a brand evangelist, and have a deep understanding of Microsoft products (Windows, Office, Xbox, Windows Phone, Surface, and services).
• Lead by example, take pride in your work, and enjoy helping and developing others while creating fun environments and energizing people through your passion.
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a high-level attention to detail.
• Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, public-facing environment, driven to get results by directing a team.
• 2+ Years Retail store management experience or People Management Experience
• Valid authorization to work in the U.S. is required; no visa sponsorship is available for this position
• Coaching or management of individuals in a metrics-driven consultative sales environment
• Previous experience managing or training in retail technology/electronics industry is a plus
• College degree preferred.
Disclaimer - This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.