Nashville-based HCA is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, operating 171 locally managed hospitals and 119 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. With its founding in 1968, HCA created a new model for hospital care in the United States, using combined resources to strengthen hospitals, deliver patient-focused care and improve the practice of medicine. HCA has conducted a number of clinical studies, including one that demonstrated that full-term delivery is healthier than early elective delivery of babies and another that identified a clinical protocol that can reduce bloodstream infections in ICU patients by 44 percent. HCA is a learning healthcare system that uses its more than 27 million annual patient encounters to advance science, improve patient care and save lives.
The Clinical Services Group (CSG) is responsible for the development and implementation of HCA's Electronic Health Record (EHR) program as well as the expansion of business processes and performance related to HCA's Clinical Agenda.
Leads the development of strategies and tools to advance clinical education programs and processes for the HCA enterprise in support of all lines of business. Oversees the execution of clinical education strategy in support of clinical and operational priorities of HCA and in collaboration with Division Chief Nurse Executives. Collaborates with Human Resources, IT Learning Solutions and other partners to assure appropriate alignment of improvement, growth, compliance, and technology resources to advance effective and efficient clinical education programs in support of staff on-boarding and development.
1. Develops long term and short term strategies for clinical education programs and processes that are aligned with HCA's strategic vision.
2. Designs implementation strategies in collaboration with corporate, division, and facility colleagues that maximize potential for success and minimize operational disruption.
3. Incorporates evidence based practice and adult-learning principles into strategies and tools.
4. Develops strategy, structure, methodology and evaluation of clinical education and competency assessment.
5. Directs the Continuing Education Provider Unit, assuring compliance with accreditation authority.
6. Defines data requirements for monitoring performance, improvement, and outcomes of care. Works collaboratively with HR and IT Learning Solutions to provide meaningful reports and analysis to facility, division, and corporate leaders.
7. Establishes and oversees enterprise level strategic partnerships for clinical education tools and resources, to drive consistent and efficient results.
8. Continuously evaluates new technologies and recommends adoption when appropriate to continuously improve programs or services.
9. Leads Clinical Education Advisory Board activities.
10. Manages staff within the department.
11. Ensures collaborative working relationships with corporate departments, division, and facility leaders.
10 years experience as a clinician. 10 years' experience as an educator. 10 years management experience required.
Master's degree required. Doctoral degree desired.
Previous experience with clinical change initiatives required. Experience with distance learning technology and learning management systems required.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom