State Street Corporation is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing investment management and investment research and trading. With $31.0 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.6 trillion in assets under management as of June 30 2017 State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets and employs over 35000 worldwide.
This position will work with the Business Unit Controller Team that supports various business areas including IT Global Operations Realty Global Exchange and various Corporate Areas (Business Unit). This position will proactively and effectively partner with Business & Finance leadership to identify areas for improvement and efficiencies and to implement best practices with regard to processes and internal controls impacting financial reporting while ensuring regulatory compliance and building excellent cross-functional relationships in North America and overseas locations.
Primary responsibilities are to:
• Oversight and review/analysis of Business Unit global accounting financial results supporting geographies businesses and legal entities
• Implement and ensure compliance with GAAP accounting rules that affect Business Unit accounting globally
• Partner with Business Unit and Global Accounting Operations (GAO) and Finance leadership to ensure accuracy of financial results and that all internal controls are appropriately designed and executed
• Engage with global leadership in all key business and change initiatives focusing on Business Unit accounting related activities and internal controls to mitigate risk; as well as supporting new products and services initiatives.
• Partner with Business Unit Finance leadership on new product launches and strategic growth & infrastructure build outs
• Partner with Business Unit leadership on Resolution & Recovery Planning (RRP) and other regulatory initiatives
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting Business Administration or Finance
• 3-7 years accounting experience in financial services industry
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills coupled with a strong track record of executing against goals
• Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels
• Strong customer service orientation and the ability to work in a team environment
• Understanding of internal controls and ability to perform assessments and issue resolution
• Experience with legal entity financial reporting & accounting
• Familiar with Regulatory issues impacting the Financial Services Industry
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.