Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Digital Operational Risk, Wealth Management
The Digital Operational Risk unit is a first line of defense function responsible for overseeing the operational risk and controls of Wealth Management's new Digital business line. This team partners with management across the Digital business to assess risks, implement control processes, draft and compile policies & procedures regarding business processes and controls, manage audits and exams, and conduct the annual Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA). This position will report to the Digital Operational Risk VP.
The Assistant Vice President, Procedures and Controls, role in the Digital Operational Risk unit is responsible for the following:
• Learn key aspects of the Digital business and new Digital initiatives in order to
partner with the business's leaders toward drafting appropriate policies &
procedures and executing controls for which the business is responsible.
• Understand, track, and periodically review the suite of policies & procedures
across the Digital business in order to identify gaps and areas for
• Ensure that policies & procedures have been written in accordance with the
Wealth Management business's standards are readily accessible in firm-wide
• Partner with functional support areas to attain best-practices in policies &
procedures and consistency with existing functional processes.
• Help monitor the business's adherence to policies & procedures.
• Partner with functional support areas to clarify responsibilities for execution of
• Help execute controls for which the business is responsible.Qualifications
- At least 5 years of experience in financial services process-setting or risk management roles, with direct-to-consumer or wealth management experience preferred
- Demonstrated flexibility in a changing business environment and in dynamically deploying skills
- Comfort working with business, functional, and risk management stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Self-starter with a can-do approach and delivery focused mind set
- Methodical, detail-oriented, and accurate
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Bachelor's Degree
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.