AVP Global Compensation
Role Value Proposition:
This position will be part of the Global Compensation and Benefits team within MetLife’s HR organization. We support MetLife’s strategy by enhancing MetLife’s ability to attract, motivate, engage and retain talent through competitive pay opportunities. This role will serve as the subject matter expert in global compensation practices, managing processes and technology related to job evaluations as well as developing compensation offers for senior roles. The candidate will need to be collaborative and influential, using relationships across our compensation, recruiting and HR business partner teams to address the needs of the organization.
- Lead the evaluation of executive roles globally, partnering closely with HRBPs and regional compensation leads, ensuring appropriate documentation and facilitating approval.
- Enable organizational change, working with senior leaders to understand how roles are impacted and determine job level and pay implications as well as any transition plans.
- Partner with MetLife’s executive recruiting team to develop compensation offers that balance external competitiveness and internal equity.
- Provide guidance and consultation to regional compensation teams to ensure appropriate review and timely approval of offers.
- Manage the global grading system, which serves as repository for all senior level jobs globally.
- Contribute to special projects and facilitate knowledge-building across the global HR community.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a related discipline (e.g., business, HR).
- 10 or more years’ experience in compensation in a global corporate or regional role. Strong experience with job evaluation and job leveling required.
- Global mindset with cultural fluency; able to work effectively within a diverse organization across multiple currencies and time zones.
- Analytical yet practical, critical thinker; ability to convey complex topics succinctly.
- Action-oriented and results-driven; ability to multi-task, collaborate and deliver in a fast paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication as well as interpersonal skills; ability to present fact-based recommendations to influence outcomes in a confident yet diplomatic manner.
- Ability to consult and interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Advanced Skills in Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Applications; database skills preferred; report writing skills a plus.
- Reputation for confidentiality, integrity and ethics with an orientation for compliance.
- Attainment of Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation through WorldatWork preferred.
- Familiarity with a state-of-the-art HR e-solution suite preferable; familiarity with Towers Watson’s Talent|REWARD suite a plus.
- Some minimal travel may be required, potentially outside the United States.
Reports to: VP Executive Compensation
Direct Reports: None; will provide guidance and coaching to others
Other Key Stakeholders: Regional Heads of Compensation & Benefits
Human Resources Business Partners
External Vendors / Consultants
- Thinks Strategically – Sets direction aligned to the company’s strategy, applying external and global perspective to meet local and global needs.
- Drives Results – Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
- Focuses on Customers – Promotes customer centricity and ensures focus on creating great customer experiences to achieve competitive advantage.
- Motivates People – Gains people commitment to achieve business objectives through clear communication of the company’s vision and flexing leadership styles to inspire high performance.
Department: Human Resources, Global Compensation & Benefits
Location: New York City Preferred
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 54701
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.