Morgan Stanley's Wealth Management (WM) provides a range of wealth management products and services for individuals, businesses and institutions. These services include brokerage and investment advisory, financial and wealth planning, credit and lending, cash management, annuities and insurance, retirement, trust and estate planning, stock plan administration and institutional consulting.
The Institutional Wealth Management (IWM) organization includes Graystone Consulting, Corporate Retirement, Corporate Cash, Government Entities, and the Institutional Workplace Wealth employee program offerings.
The Institutional Wealth Management Business Risk & Controls Manager will be responsible for supporting Business Operational Risk and Control efforts across Institutional Wealth Services:
• Policy and Procedure Management:
- Partner with the IWS business areas to ensure field-facing policies and procedures are created and reflective of current business processes.
- Validate that all policies and procedures meet Firm standards and are centrally maintained.
- Manage and update policy and procedures tracker and portal and provide updates to Management team on periodic basis.
- Support the IWS Business Risk and Controls RCSA lead in the annual RCSA process. Includes coordination across the various business stakeholder and related support functions.
• Audit and Compliance Management and related Remediation:
- Serve as a liaison between the business, Audit and Compliance, including the management of documentation requests during Audit and Compliance reviews and closure verification.
- Monitor and track remediation of issues and actions risk issues in conjunction with the business. Validate that implemented controls are designed to mitigate the risk and that the required documentation has been uploaded into OpenPages.
- Establish a forum to discuss and determine actions needed for remediation of issues and actions.
• Supervisory Oversight of Procedures/Controls Testing:
- Provide independent oversight of select key controls performed by the business.
- Support control enhancement and/or remediation efforts.
- Test key business controls through a structured approach and communicate results with management and key stakeholders.
- Detect control gaps and identify solutions and enhanced controls.
- Produce reporting and key metrics to demonstrate compliance with procedures and to identify potential areas of inefficiencies/risk.
• Management Reporting/Ad Hoc Projects:
- Organizational lead for creation and updating of the IWS Risk and Control quarterly deck.
- Assist in the preparation of periodic ad hoc reports and special projects as needed.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• 5 years of industry work experience in a compliance, risk or audit related area preferred
• Experience with risk disciplines, processes, and controls
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with business partners
• Detail-oriented with the ability to leverage available resources to work efficiently
• Self-starter capable of solving problems and managing projects from start to finish. Must be highly motivated with a strong work ethic and a will to succeed
• Needs to be collaborative and able to build effective working relationships. Ability to work in a team environment and partner with multiple individuals across various groups
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.