HealthTrust (HealthTrust Purchasing Group, L.P.) is committed to strengthening provider performance and clinical excellence through an aligned membership model and the delivery of total spend management advisory solutions that leverage our operator experience, scale and innovation . Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, HealthTrust serves approximately 1,600 acute care facilities and members in more than 26,000 non-acute care sites.
Job Summary - The AVP, Pharmacy Strategic Sourcing has primary responsibility for providing operational oversight for all sourcing activities related to HealthTrust's pharmacy contract portfolio and ensuring pharmacy strategic sourcing resources are prepared, aligned and appropriately focused to achieve specifically defined corporate and departmental goals. The AVP will assist the VP, Pharmacy Services in effectively carrying out HealthTrust's Pharmacy Services mission primarily by translating defined strategic goals into tactical objectives, and will actively create and maintain strategic alliances with key stakeholders both internally and externally to innovate and cultivate contracting opportunities for HealthTrust members. In addition, this individual will actively collaborate with the AVP, Clinical Pharmacy Services to develop effective synergies between the department's clinical and contracting activities. The AVP will provide exceptional customer service to HealthTrust customers by establishing appropriate expectations and ensuring the Pharmacy Strategic Sourcing team produces quality deliverables in a timely fashion. .
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Serves as the primary sourcing lead for the Pharmacy Services Group and other HealthTrust functional areas related to developing and delivering outcomes that align favorably with the objectives assigned to the strategic sourcing functions of Pharmacy Services.
- Meet or exceed contracting goals established in annual Pharmacy Work Plan.
- Establishes relevant, quantifiable key performance indicators for the Pharmacy Strategic Sourcing team and monitor as required, making adjustments, corrections, refinements to team objectives, strategies and/or processes such that these metrics are attained and maintained within defined acceptable ranges.
- Leads and oversees efforts to define and develop the people, processes, competencies, technology and other resource requirements necessary to effectively support on an ongoing basis the team's core functional areas of contract strategy development, negotiations, execution, and management.
- Assists the VP in effectively managing team budget expenses according to assigned annual HealthTrust budgetary objectives.
- Collaborates on a regular basis with the AVP, Clinical Pharmacy Services to:
- Co-develop integrated sourcing objectives for the department and ensure effective communications that mutually support the teams' objectives;
- Identify and assess new pharmaceutical agents entering the US market which may represent opportunities for contracting and clinical integration initiatives;
- Actively participate in cross-communication between the teams regarding industry updates and other pertinent developments;
- Assist in the mutual attainment of goals and objectives;
- Resolve member service issues; and
- Improve general overall processes for HealthTrust Pharmacy Services.
- Forms and maintain strategic alliances with key stakeholders both internally and externally to innovate and cultivate contracting opportunities and service offerings for HealthTrust members.
- Actively champions and leads the Pharmacy Strategic Sourcing team in change management as needed to drive adoption of those activities that support the organization's growth, maturation and innovation of its service offerings.
- Monitors and takes the necessary actions needed to alleviate, mitigate risks and mediate/resolve member and vendor issues that may arise within the HealthTrust pharmacy membership.
- Develops and coaches the Pharmacy Strategic Sourcing team; conducts performance reviews on a regular basis and as needed; ensures the team's knowledge and competencies grow to match the evolving needs of the pharmacy membership and sophistication of the pharmaceutical market.
- Provides subject matter input to presentation materials developed to support sales and marketing efforts and actively participate in HealthTrust sales cycle process as a presenter when requested to do so.
Education - Accredited College Bachelor's Degree required with a Pharmacy degree preferred. A master's degree in a business or healthcare discipline is also preferred.
Experience - Minimum of 10 years of strategic sourcing and negotiations experience in healthcare contracting for supply chain operations or within the pharmaceutical industry, as well as 5 to 7 years in a leadership role with proven experience in guiding individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering quality work.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom