Morgan Stanley Wealth Management provides comprehensive brokerage, investment and financial services to individual investors globally. Recognized as one of the largest retail brokerage networks in the U.S., Morgan Stanley's financial representatives cover multiple client segments from affluent to ultra- high net worth. The product range offered to client's spans mutual funds, equities, fixed income products, alternative investments, separately managed accounts, banking & personal lending, mortgages, insurance and annuities.
The Decision Sciences team goal is to help the organization make fact based decision around risk and opportunities, which help drive top and bottom line growth. The incumbent is expected to mine Morgan Stanley's book of business to identify new or existing customer opportunities.
The Decision Sciences team has an opportunity for a talented individual that will play a key role in the area of research analytics, with the goal of understanding behavior-driven insights within research projects and find creative ways to help management interpret the data further.
The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership, communication, project management skills, and a thorough understanding of applied statistics theory - power user of SAS or related tools (e.g. R) based statistics. Candidate must have significant hands-on experience managing large scale cross-product analyses with ability to influence people across all levels of the organization. In addition, this candidate must have proven skills in exploratory analytics with a specific and demonstrated focus in the ability to think outside the box.
• Development, management and reporting of all research for the purposes of improving the Firm's understanding of tactical and strategic initiatives
• Translation of business unit's information needs into research objectives
• Develop thorough understanding of the portfolio performance through client segmentation and key performance metrics tracking
• Seek opportunities to deploy analytics to drive decisions in everyday field management and client management; help establish advanced platform to deliver insights to the field in real time
• Evaluate effectiveness of advisor practices through client behavior changes and business results. Find scalable solutions to improve advisor performance
• Use predictive analytics to drive client contact/offer targeting for maximized return
• Stay tuned with industry trending, opportunities and challenges. Provide business opportunity/risk sizing for the senior management
• Interact with a wide variety of business units to derive and implement analytics solutions
• Advance degree in Statistics, Economics or related
• Power user of SQL, SAS, and other statistical software packages, with Enterprise Miner experience a plus
• Demonstrated ability to collect and organize data, conduct analysis and report on and apply results to "actionable insights/recommendations"
• Solid data modeling experience is required with applying Decision Trees, Regression analysis, other data mining techniques, experience with time series and experimental design analysis
• Need to be able to succinctly communicate ideas, recommendations, articulate analytics results to business people and influence decision making
• Self-starter with strong and creative problem-solving skills
• 7 years of related work experience
• Related financial services industry experience for at least 3 years is Required
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.