With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
The Associate Director, Field Service-Active Devices/Compounding manages and coordinates the activities of the Implementation, Technical Support and Special Projects departments that provide training, on site implementation, and remote support services for users of B.Braun Compounding equipment. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Directly supervises work activities of employees engaged in Compounding/Active Devices
- Works closely with Development, Technical Services, Manufacturing, Sales, Marketing and CAPS to deliver a support experience valued by our internal and external customers.
- Evaluates 3rd party survey results and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Establishes standard work for and directs the activities of remotely assigned support technicians with respect to throughput, cost, quality, cycle times, regulatory compliance and customer satisfaction.
- Oversees and ensures proper planning and scheduling of special projects to meet commitments, considering company and regulatory commitments, personnel, equipment and raw material availability.
- Provides point of contact for both internal and external customers regarding product service and warranty issues.
- Routinely meets with customers to assess satisfaction and address needs.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third-party service providers to augment company needs and to provide support for end-users of B.Braun biomedical equipment.
- Initiates new product service programs and updates existing service programs to accommodate business profitability, product design changes, regulatory conditions and customer needs.
- Develops annual budgets for the Compounding Systems Support organization. Includes, but not limited to; strategies, tactics, project plans, resource plans and capital requests.
- Develops training and technical knowledge base in support of Compounding System products
- Assists Sales and Marketing as required to effectively communicate support and warranty programs.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Director of Service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Pharmacy Compounding
- Knowledge of Lean Customer Service practices.
- Knowledge of FDA, Quality Service Regulations and ISO 9001 requirements.
- Knowledge of biomedical product service practices and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Pharmacy Compounding
- Minimum 5 years management experience, including:
- Experience supervising remote employees.
- Customer Service experience.
- System Support experience
- Technical Service, Call Center experience
- 50% overnight travel.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
- Hazards: "Employee may come in contact with occupational exposure to Blood borne Pathogens (exposure to blood or other potentially infections materials) and therefore will receive Blood borne Pathogen training, in addition to being offered the Hepatitis B vaccination."
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.