With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
The Associate Director, IT Healthcare Solutions assists the Director of Service with all aspects of IT system integrations (network integration, IT software and EMR/HER integration). Ensures customer satisfaction for field service installations, site surveys, pre-installation qualification, maintenance, technical support and training for infusion systems. This position plans, directs, and manages a wide variety of service related activities; works with Marketing, Sales, Development, Manufacturing and on-site Depot Repair to provide a "world class" customer experience. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Develop and maintain service strategies in IT Healthcare business field
- Liaison between the technical implementation teams, the clinical implementation team and sales-marketing
- Collaborates with executive team to manage strategic solutions, sales planning & execution, client acquisition and partnership development
- Develop and maintain service strategies in IT Healthcare business field to ensure that technical solutions meet marketing and technical organizational requirements
- Orchestrate meetings with R&D, Sales Engineering and Customers
- Oversee system (architecture view) and product life cycle, along with client presentations, risk identification (in particular in regards to IT product security) and recommending healthcare IT solutions
- Compile market intelligence to provide market feedback to shape further product development
- Enhance client development and management, along with influencing product strategies, and monitoring sales engineering IT services
- Lead and manage large-scale IT implementation projects & programs;
- Lead and manage EMR Pump Integration with customers and EMR vendors
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Knowledge of Customer Service practices.
- Knowledge of FDA, Quality Service Regulations and ISO 9001 requirements.
- Knowledge of biomedical product service practices and procedures.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years IT / Customer Service experience in a Healthcare environment.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
- Must be able to travel overnight.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
- Hazards: "Employee may come in contact with occupational exposure to Blood borne Pathogens (exposure to blood or other potentially infections materials) and therefore will receive Blood borne Pathogen training, in addition to being offered the Hepatitis B vaccination."
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.