The Associate Director, US Professional Education (Pro-Ed) lead, Neuroscience will report directly to the US Marketing Lead, Neuroscience. This individual will be responsible for leading the development and execution of the professional education plans for Health Care Professional in the US for the Neuroscience Franchise (inclusive of Vyvanse for both Binge Eating Disease (B.E.D) in Adults and ADHD and the investigational SHP-465 for the treatment of ADHD). This position will have a Senior Product Manager, Pro-Ed reporting into them
The Associate Director will direct the development, implementation, integration, and management of Pro-Ed strategies, programs, services and tactics for assigned channel(s), customer segment(s) and/or key initiatives in collaboration with other members of the brand team and relevant internal stakeholders.
In particular, this role focuses on developing the Pro-Ed portfolio strategy and overarching communication objectives for SHP465 and Vyvanse with the objective to drive the overall growth of Shire's Neuroscience portfolio.Additionally, this person will direct responsibility for overseeing and implementing Vyvanse programs and tactics.
The Associate Director, US Pro-Ed will also collaborate extensively with Compliance, Legal, Medical and Regulatory on all planned programs and across HCP ADHD teams (inc SHP-465) for an integrated approach to the portfolio (ADHD and B.E.D. in adults). Additional responsibilities include working across the US commercial business to integrate and refine Pro-Ed systems, process, procedures and guidelines to facilitate the execution of Pro-Ed programs. Lastly, the Pro-Ed lead will facilitate and direct coordination across multiple vendors across multiple product and indications to ensure that all policies, procedures, standards and guidelines are followed along with quality and timely completion of deliverables or provision of services.
As part of the marketing team, this role shares responsibility for achieving revenue, market share and A&P expense targets, and is responsible for managing the budget for his/her areas of accountability, including budget phasing, tracking and ongoing oversight. In delivering against assigned objectives, the role collaborates and integrates extensively with other members of the marketing team, Compliance, Legal, Medical and Regulatory the field sales team, sales training and multiple other internal functions. The role also requires flexibility to respond to requests from leadership to support various key projects and initiatives that may arise.
50%: Brand Strategy
• Working with the product directors aid in the development of the brand strategy
• Identify drivers & barriers market growth, educational gaps and unmet needs in the market.
• Understand the competitive situation; identify drivers & barriers for use of extended release medications.
• Aid in the development positioning and messaging, branding and educational platform messaging for HCP and audiences.
• Work cross-functionally to ensure alignment and execution of brand strategy.
• Collaborate with relevant team members to align strategies and programs and ensure ongoing oversight and management of assigned programs or initiatives
• Leverage data, market research and sales force feedback to inform revisions to current programs and tactics or development of news ones
• Collaborate with sales training and sales leadership to enhance field sales effectiveness with respect to implementation and pull-through of aligned strategies and tactics
40%: Marketing Execution
• Working with the product director's aid in the planning, implementation, and rollout for assigned programs and tactics to ensure they deliver against defined strategies. This includes the development of need assessments, the routing of programs/tactics through the Medical, Legal, Regulatory and compliance (CMLR) review process, and the development of measurement frameworks and metrics to measure effectiveness
• Develop and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders to ensure achievement of assigned objectives and/or maximize the impact & effectiveness of programs and tactics to achieve those objectives.
• Effectively manage relevant vendor, agency and consultant relationships to ensure deliverables and work products are in alignment with Shire's policies, procedures, standards and guidelines and the broader brand and/or BU related strategies
• Manage A&P budget and expenses as assigned by the US Marketing Lead, ensuring that resources are utilized effectively efficiently, and compliantly
• Ensure understanding and adherence by the commercial team to all relevant internal and external policies or guidelines that relate to the team's activities and deliverables.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Minimum of a Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
• 6-8 years of pharmaceutical commercial experience, including 3 years of Professional Education Management, Medical Science Liaison or product management experience
• Experience/knowledge in neuroscience and/or ADHD therapeutic area preferred
Other Job Requirements:
• Domestic travel required
• Ability to travel overnight ≤ 20%
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.