http://video.digi-me.com/digime/jobs/Insurance/Prudential/Associate Actuary/ZP0002 Prudential Financial, Inc. is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services. For more information, please visit www.prudential.com.
Prudential Annuities develops, markets, and services an array of fixed and variable annuity products designed to help investors generate guaranteed income that they cannot outlive. It is a leading provider of innovative variable annuity products, with over $150 billion of variable annuity assets under management.
The candidate will be an integral part of the Assumptions and Experience Studies team in the Individual Annuities Actuarial department. The team is primarily responsible for the development of experience studies and analysis of assumptions.
· Perform experience studies (including mortality, lapse, and utilization) and validate results
· Develop and present assumptions before the Assumption Review Committee
· Maintain and improve appropriate control environment
· Draft supporting documentation on assumptions and experience studies for approval by Corporate Actuarial and as support for actuarial memorandums or any other purpose
· Participate in analytics project on policyholder behavior
· Support ad-hoc projects and collaborate with internal and external teams to fulfill requests
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Bachelor Degree in Actuarial Science, mathematics, finance, computer science or other quantitative related fields are preferred.
• Must have ASA or be near an ASA designation
• At least 4 years of experience in the life insurance industry preferred
• Experience working with large data bases and proficiency in SQL server is preferred.
• Ability to co-lead multiple projects and resolve conflicting priorities
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Solid oral and written communication skills
• Strong time management skills, great attention to detail and highly organized
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
A little about us:
Prudential was founded on the belief that being financially prepared is a right, not a privilege.