Prudential Financial, Inc. is seeking an Associate, Actuary (Manager) for the actuarial team supporting the Company’s Group Insurance business. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong technical and communication skills with an attention to detail and be able to collaborate successfully with other members of the actuarial staff, as well as with the Group Insurance Finance, Underwriting, Sales, Product Development, Reporting and IT areas to achieve optimum results.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Own and develop pricing methodology for National account segment with specific focus on experience rating for all products
- Communicate updates to and solicit improvements from key business partners including Underwriting, Distribution and Product
- Provide National Underwriting support for new sales and renewal opportunities
- Peer review and impact analysis of assumption updates
- Comply with internal and external regulatory requirements
- Bachelor's degree is required
- ASA or close to ASA preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of actuarial experience required. Group Insurance experience preferred
- Proven ability to influence business partners
- Strong team player, willing to perform in roles that assist as well as lead
- Superior technical skills and ability to understand complex quantitative concepts and models
- Strong communication skills to be able to explain complex concepts to non-actuarial business partners
- Programming experience including Excel, Visual Basic, SQL or actuarial modeling software preferred
This position will report to the National Pricing Actuary in Roseland, NJ. Position may also be based in our Dresher, PA office. Would consider a remote work location a few days per week, with travel to Roseland, NJ.