The primary function for this position will be to accurately record and settle all third party and inter-company energy commodity transactions including pricing and volumetric verification. Provide supporting documentation for monthly financial close and financial planning and analysis processes. Identifies settlement discrepancies and works with customers, schedulers and traders to resolve data issues in a timely and accurate manner. Assist in the actualization of physical and financial contract movements and their related costs. Processes all invoices for energy sales, reconciles brokerage data for invoicing purposes and checks balancing invoices to identify any penalties or imbalance charges. Perform the timely forecasting, processing, reconciliation, and exception reporting of accounts payable and accounts receivable.
Primary Duties and Accountabilities:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business related field.
- Minimum 0 – 2 years of experience in a business related position
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Ability to use spreadsheet applications and learn other specialized software products
- Ability to work closely with peers in a teamwork environment.
- Prior industry experience preferred.
- Experience and knowledge in Financial Accounting or Financial Statements.
A little about us:
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.