Our new grad program is focused on helping you - oh intrepid, graduating student - begin your engineering career in gaming in the most direct way possible. Blizzard's not an easy place to get into, that's true, but we believe we're a studio well worthy of your career. For over twenty years now, employees have established and continue to cultivate a culture built on passion, collaboration, creativity, and fun. Put simply, we legitimately love doing what we do for a living, and we're proud to offer you an opportunity to do the same. Good luck!
Blizzard Entertainment's web and mobile team is looking for a talented software engineer to help us develop mobile applications that enhance and compliment Blizzard's epic game experiences.
Blizzard Entertainment's mobile applications provide the players of our games with rich, interactive second screen experiences that extend engagement with our games long after the player has logged out of the game clients themselves. They connect our players to live events - from exciting exclusive coverage of our BlizzCon event to eSports tournaments and matches happening worldwide - ensuring that our most passionate fans never have to miss a moment of the content they love. They also provide useful utilities to make the process of playing our games easier and more secure.
We are looking for an engineer who can thrive in our uniquely creative, collaborative, and technically challenging environment to help us push our engagement experiences even deeper into mobile platforms. We love doing what we do for a living, especially in an environment where knowledge sharing and boundary pushing happens instinctively. If you're ready to merge your inner geek with your outer engineer and embrace the opportunity of a lifetime, we want to work with you!Eligibility Requirements
- Currently enrolled in a US college or university
- Graduating between December 2017 - August 2018
- Authorized to work in the US
- Design, architect, and implement new user-facing features in Blizzard's mobile apps.
- Support our current portfolio of products, which includes the World of Warcraft Armory, Battle.net Authenticator, BlizzCon, and WCS applications.
- Write libraries and frameworks to maximize speed and scale of mobile development.
- Develop prototypes for future mobile products.
- Experience with Java language
- Solid understanding of object-oriented and MVC application design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with networking and high level protocols such as TCP or HTTP
- Experience building custom UI
- Love for debugging and knowledge of instruments
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Passion for gaming, mobile, and Blizzard products
Required Application MaterialsWARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We're serious about this - due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
- Shipped your own personal apps
- Cross-platform development experience for iOS and Android
- Collaborated on existing open source projects
- Web development experience
- Solid understanding of low-level programming and optimization
- Strong mobile design and product sensibilities
- Agile development experience
- Experience with a continuous integration build system
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.