At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
• Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
• Competitive Fortune 100, industry matched salaries and yearly merit increase
• Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT annually since 2009
• Named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" annually since 2010
• 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission's list of top performers on key quality measures.
This position is an entry-level .NET developer position who will report directly to the Manager Of Software Engineering at HealthTrust.
This engineer will work on a cross of functional scrum team and perform full-stack development on software solutions that support our business partners.
This engineer must be a highly motivated self-starter, an enthusiastic learner, and must be committed to delivering high quality solutions.
• Enhance and debug applications across all aspects of application development including but not limited to Front end graphical user interface design, as well as middle and database tier
• Participates in writing unit tests
• Participates in writing integration tests
• Closely collaborates with team members to successfully execute development initiatives using Agile practices and principles
• Participates in Scrum ceremonies i.e. sprint planning, backlog grooming, retrospective etc.
• Participate in learning agile methodologies, development methodologies, and technologies
• Works in an environment with rapidly changing business requirements and priorities
• Acts as a contributing member to the teams continuous integration and continuous delivery automation pipeline
• Engage as an active contributor to the team's culture
Less than 1 year
College Graduate Preferred
OTHER / SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS
Proficiency in some object oriented programming language required (i.e. Java, C#, C )
Willingness to learn our business domain required
Effective communication skills (written and verbal) required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Prolonged sitting at a desk (6-7 hrs./day)
Some after-hours work may be required
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom