Are you interested in driving Microsoft’s Cloud First, Mobile First strategy? Do you enjoy working with some of Microsoft’s largest enterprise customers on show-case solutions and latest technology? Are you interested in joining a technical team that will drive Cloud, Device and Services for Microsoft? If you’re looking for your next big challenge, then look no further. The Modern Apps COE is looking for a strong Solution Architect to join its global and growing team.
As a team, the Modern Apps COE is responsible for three primary areas:
- Technical Pre-Sales:
We help our Services and EPG field accounts to have the necessary technical conversations to help convert customer opportunities to consulting wins. We do this through architectural design sessions with customers, and workshops that enable customers to envision and prepare for their Cloud journey.
- Harvesting IP:
We work with a number of Lighthouse customers and harvest IP (think architectural patterns, best practices, etc.) from our customer engagements and reintegrate these into our broader set of Azure MCS IP to help drive the delivery side of our practice.
We help customers, partners and our field ramp on some of the most critical and front-running technologies to help develop Cloud-based Modern Applications. This includes TechReady, public conferences, and customer/partner readiness workshops.
As an Architect, you’ll help drive innovation into a new set of solutions across Internet of Things, Digital Transformation, and Mobile Apps to help drive the goals of the team, spend time in front of customers (e.g. doing ADSs, having technical pre-sales meetings, etc.), and will be responsible for helping drive the following:
- Helping drive (through technical pre-sales and architecture discussions) a set of Azure Services or Lighthouse wins (think of a win as helping the field close on an Azure Services opportunity).
- Helping drive a set of core solution offerings into the field and with our customers. ‘Driving’ includes taking technical content and having deep, technical conversations with customers through workshops, seminars, and the like.
- Harvesting interesting and relevant IP from an engagement with a customer to integrate into our wider IP pool and to redeliver to the field your learnings at TechReady or other internal/external events.
- Providing regular feedback into the Product Group (engineering) on feature requests to help advance our products and services.
This is a senior role with a heavy customer focus with an eye towards evolving our Enterprise customers to adopt the Cloud using our Solutions.
Also, key skills you’d want to have include:
- Technical prowess and passion-especially for Windows Azure, modern Application design practices and principles.
- Solid solution architecture and light development skills
- You’ll need to hold down technical conversations and shouldn’t be afraid to build a demo here or there in the process.
- Be familiar with Cloud, C#/HTML5/JS/.NET at a minimum, architectural design patterns, and Microsoft’s software development life-cycle.
- Knowledge of Azure IoT services is a plus.
- Be a team player
- Share, reuse and make the team evolve.
- A can-do attitude that always puts the customer first.
- 10 + years application development
- 2+ years Cloud experience
- BA Degree in Computer Science or related degree
This a Non-UBI position. There can be up to 70% travel with this role. The team is a great and fun team that enjoys challenges, collaboration and seeing our customers succeed.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.