Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Associate Biomarker Leader is responsible for supporting the execution of the Biomarker and Companion Diagnostics Medical Affairs strategy in the Oncology Business unit for one or more indications.
The Associate Biomarker Leader is Headquarter-based and works closely with the regions and countires for coordination of biomarker diagnostic activities
- Executes Medical Affairs strategy for biomarkers & companion diagnostics
- Provides strategy for and oversees the Pathologist Training Program
- Plans and oversees additional training programs both internally and externally
- Helps coordinate training meetings and refreshers with Scientific Leaders
- Conducts individual Scientific Leader and Pathologist interactions with other team members
- Helps with planning of various activities around major oncology congresses
- Supports commercial group for Launch Preparation and Post-launch activities
- Tracks competitive landscape for biomarkers and diagnostics in immunooncology
- Helps with tracking and review of Investigator initiated study proposals and other types of proposals concerning biomarkers and diagnostics
- Helps with coordination and planning of monthly team meetings in Biomarker and Diagnostic function
- Helps with management of vendor interactions, tracking of budget and logistics around training activities
- Interacts with professional soceities and advocacy groups for coordination of activites around biomarker education and awareness
- PhD, PharmD or MDPhD with a strong foundation in Life Sciences e.g. Molecular Biology, Genomics or Oncology
- Minimum four years of experience at a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or diagnostics company
- Minimum three years experience working in cross functional matrix teams
- Experience working with diverse teams and functions
- Strong ability to effectively collaborate
- Proven ability to resolve issues
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Six plus years of experience working in industry
- Experience working globally strongly preferred
- Prior experience with coordination and management of training or educational activities to diverse audiences a plus
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement