Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 300 company with 2016 sales of $11 billion, is a leading industrial gas company in North and South America and one of the largest worldwide . The company produces, sells and distributes atmospheric, process and specialty gases , and high-performance surface coatings. Praxair products, services and technologies are making our planet more productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits to a wide variety of industries, including aerospace , chemicals , food and beverage , electronics , energy , healthcare , manufacturing, primary metals and many others. More information about Praxair, Inc. is available at www.praxair.com
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an Associate Buyer to join our dynamic Global Procurement and Materials Management (GPMM) team in Tonawanda, NY. This position is responsible for supporting the purchase of equipment and/or parts and services from suppliers at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source, and urgency of need. ASSOCIATE BUYER PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Procures equipment, material and/ or services for business clients from approved requisition(s) in a timely manner.
- Main point of contact for International Support Orders.
- Works with the financial organization to resolve invoice payment.
- Maintains operational discipline and compliance of the procurement processes by following standard work processes that address the requirements of our Quality Assurance Program, and/ or Praxair policies and procedures as indicated.
- May assist, guide or train lower level incumbents as well as business requisitioners on procurement processes.
- May assist business clients, requisitioners, and sourcing managers in soliciting and analyzing quotations.
- Is key contact for suppliers and various internal groups including corporate groups, operations groups, and project management groups for creating Purchase Orders.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Procurement, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Business, Marketing, Engineering or related fields preferred.
- Prior experience with an ERP system such as J D Edwards or Oracle desirable
- 2-3 years' of Sales, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Logistics or related field required
- 1-3 years' Procurement experience preferred
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Results driven
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.