Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
The Merchant Support Associate Manager will be part of our World Class Customer Support team and will be responsible for managing a team of Merchant Support Representatives taking inbound merchant requests through telephone calls, emails and chat sessions. This position is located in Austin, Texas Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Ensures that staff performance is in compliance with established procedures and meets or exceeds departmental performance standards.
- Provides daily direction and communication to representatives.
- Provides feedback, coaching and training to meet performance objectives.
- Provides statistical, performance feedback, coaching and development on a regular basis to each representative. Writes and administers performance reviews for skill improvement.
- Conducts regular call evaluations to monitor team member's adherence to quality and departmental policies on customer interactions.
- Addresses disciplinary and/or performance problems according to company policy. Prepares and communicates documentation with representatives. Makes effective/appropriate decisions relative to corrective action as required.
- Shares continual responsibility for deciding how to manage representatives ensuring customer requests are handled efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to handle and resolve escalated customer concerns.
- Required to work third (9:00PM-6:00AM) shift and be flexible for weekend coverage.
- Considerable knowledge of customer service principles, practices and procedures is required.
- Minimum of 2 years management experience in a contact center environment required.
- Proven ability to coach, mentor and manage customer support representatives.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal skills, customer orientation, team interaction, problem solving and multi-tasking skills required.
- Experience with Workforce Management Software such as Genesys is helpful.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications is required.
- Ability to compile data and identify trends.
- Knowledge of Credit Card Processing industry extremely helpful.
- Associate or Bachelors degree preferred.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.