Grow with us as an Associate Category Advisor on the Wal-Mart Team. You will be a part of a dynamic and diversity minded team focused on providing assortment and shelving insights on Kellogg's Walmart business. In this key role you will serve as a Category Advisor for Fruit Snacks and will work closely with the Buyer to make recommendations that are in the best interest of the Category. You will also be responsible for proactively initiating Category Management activities, developing innovative retailer solutions based on consumer insights and account knowledge, and building the customer relationship through customer service and best in class insight delivery. WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as an Associate Category Advisor at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
Qualifications: WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Working directly with the Walmart Buyer and support merchandising teams
- Managing the drawing, implementation, and maintenance of Walmart planograms
- Providing category insights and recommendations leveraging analytics from disparate data sources
- Uncovering key category insights and thought leadership opportunities which impact Kellogg categories and developing solution based presentations to target those opportunities
- Commercializing and providing industry, consumer, and customer trends to develop strategic action plans
- Leading and presenting projects focused on shelving and assortment
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Category Management, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- High School diploma/GED
- Significant CPG related experience
- High level analytical capability
- Robust shopper and consumer insight experience and exposure
- High proficiency in syndicated data and shopper panel metrics
- Strong leadership, decision making capability and a proven track record of success
- Assimilating and interpreting data from multiple disparate data sources into concise action oriented recommendations
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of Category Management practices and tools (Retail Link, ACNielsen, JDA)
- Experience communicating complex and/or detailed information to multiple individuals/audiences with differing knowledge levels, both in writing and verbally
- Motor vehicle history with 2 or less moving violations within the last 36 months
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- BA/BS Degree
- Sales Experience
- Solid background within category management field
- Proficiency in JDA space planning software
- Development and application of advanced analytics, principles, theories and concepts in Category Management or Shopper Insights Research
- Experience providing industry, consumer and customer trends to develop strategic action plans
This position will work daily out of our local office location in Rogers, AR.
A flexible work schedule and the ability to travel up to 10% of the time overnight. Travelling up to 25% of time to meet with customer.
- This position provides participation in the Kellogg Auto Reimbursement Program
- This position provides participation in Kellogg's Cell Phone Stipend Plan
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.