Associate Category Shopper Insights Manager
At Unilever, we pride ourselves in placing the Consumer & Shopper at the center of every initiative and the Shopper Insight team’s mission is to be the ‘voice of the shopper’ for our business partners and customers.
This role collaborates with Consumer Insights, Customer Development, Category Management, and Shopper Marketing teams to bring shopper insights and solutions to our retail customers. It is responsible for management and delivery of category & shopper insights and analytics projects.
• Expert on Unilever categories: Understand our category shoppers, the retail environment, and Unilever category/brand strategies to a level that enables active insights contribution. Provide Actionable Insights that identify or lead to category growth opportunities on strategies.
• Connecting dots to reveal growth opportunities: Offer foresight rather than just insight, asking the right questions; expertly conducting primary research; and by mining and synthesizing shopper, retail and market trends, Nielsen databases, and prior primary research learning. Ability to connect the dots to reveal new insights and identify strategic and tactical shopper opportunities for business growth is vital.
• Voice of the shopper: Use customer, shopper, and market data sources to understand and communicate the voice of the shopper and his/her attitudes, behaviors, motivations, pleasures and pain points, ensuring that the authentic voice of the shopper is heard in all business initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Diagnose category challenges and translate them into specific business questions that can be answered through primary research and analytics.
o Must be proficient in business analytics and understand common retail/shopper metrics.
o Proficiency with loyalty card analytics a plus.
• Identify category opportunities with analysis & synthesis of various data sources and proactively compile findings for business partners and teams.
• Develop, drive alignment around, and lead a primary research or learning plan to tackle the top Unilever Category business issues or opportunities to help drive growth. Identify shopper knowledge gaps, both foundational and customer specific. Conduct Channel/ Category specific research and analyses to serve organization & team priorities.
o Must be proficient in fundamental research methodologies and analytic approaches. Able to execute research well, resulting in robust, actionable learning.
• Support Business Teams by teaching new insights to the organization and by helping to “sell” shopper insights to Grocery Channel retailers. Develop relationships with key internal business stakeholders (regional CD and customer marketing, Consumer Insights).
o Must have strong, persuasive verbal and written communication skills and experience with delivering executive level presentations.
o Must be able to network and make category shopper insights travel across businesses, teams and leadership
Bachelor’s degree required
MBA a plus
Minimum of 3 years related market research, insights and analytics experience required
Advanced knowledge and use of Microsoft Office suite required
Proficiency with Nielsen required
CPG, retail, or customer development insights or analytic experience required
Market research agency experience preferred
Superior project management skills desired
Project positive attitude with history of dependability, self-motivation, resourcefulness and results orientation desired
Strong interpersonal and communication, influencing skills, and strategic thinking desired
Ability to effectively work independently and collaborate with broader stakeholders desired
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see E EO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
A little about us:
With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.