This position is responsible for driving the growth of the Hand & Body Lotion and Face Care categories for Unilever and its trade customers. This person interfaces with many key organizational functions – Brand Building, Brand Development, Category Management (HQ & Field), Brand and Field CMI, Sales, and Shopper Marketing -- to design, facilitate and implement national Category Management Strategies, processes and tools for field sales and our retail customers. Additionally,
- Determine and understand industry, category, shopper and consumer trends to proactively seek and recommend solutions
- Convert brand strategy into strategic merchandising strategies with actionable recommendations for customers
- Integrate Category Management and Shopper Insights information into Customer Marketing and Brand Marketing materials
- Development of Category Management strategies providing insights and retail solutions, specifically addressing assortment and shelving. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serves as liaison between field sales/retail customers and HQ brand teams to facilitate the field execution of category initiatives with major customers
- Creates and delivers actionable sales stories and strategies with solutions for internal and external customers
- Consults closely with brand development to secure alignment around retail environment realities prior to innovation launches
- Effectively designs and integrates category management strategy into the business planning process
- Provide guidance, leadership and category/brand expertise to field category management managers
- Works with Shopper Insights and CMI Managers to integrate shopper understandings into category management initiatives/strategies
- Assists in training, distribution and execution of category management tools with field
- Leads and/or participates in Corporate priority projects
- Multi-faceted business challenges that require interaction with various groups across organization.
- Ability to set strategic and tactical priorities for Category Management within the business unit in an environment with multiple stakeholders competing for your time
- The ability to decompose a business situation and apply the appropriate category management tools to maximize business results
- Ability to lead large projects with participation/input from various areas of the company, in order to drive insights into action internally and externally.
- Minimum of BA/BS degree, MBA a plus
- 3-5 years relevant consumer product goods industry experience with background in Category Management
- Syndicated data sources, ie Nielsen, IRI, Household Panel, Spectra, loyalty card data a plus.
- Merchandising software, i.e. JDA Space Planning
- Adept at analyzing and utilizing Consumer/Shopper Insights in Category Management sales stories and Category Management strategies Competencies:
Additional competencies and/or attributes are listed below:
- Problem Solving: Strong analytical/data interpretation capabilities a must
- Solution-Based Selling: Creating compelling sales stories & strategies which can impact the bottom line
- Strategic Influencing: Excellent oral/written and platform skills
- Team Leadership: Ability to develop and secure leadership role within Category Management function for business unit. Desire to work in a team environment and foster cross-functional support and learning.
• Market orientation – an outward focus toward the customer/consumer to maximize business results
• Objective analytical power – makes accurate/objective assessments of problems
• Evaluates business situations and proposes well thought-out solutions
• A change agent who possesses a creative thought process to tackle old and emerging issues with a fresh, new approach
• Entrepreneurial approach to the business, taking ownership and leadership of business opportunities
• Strategic approach to solving business issues or uncovering opportunities.
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.