Want to help people? Then you belong here.
We currently have an excellent entry level opportunity available to join our General Liability team! We need exceptional people to help our customers prepare, protect, and prevail. Interested? Ask us about our truly diverse and inclusive environment and tremendous community spirit.
With 205 years of expertise, The Hartford (NYSE: HIG) is a leader in property and casualty insurance, group benefits and mutual funds. At The Hartford, you will receive competitive pay, paid training and career development opportunities.
What does a Claims job entail? As a Hartford Claims employee, you will: Manage Claim Files (40%)
Manage a caseload of medical only and low complexity lost time claims in a manner consistent with corporate claim standards and procedures as well as statutory, regulatory and ethical requirements:
Provide Exceptional Customer Service (30%)
- Conduct initial investigations to determine compensability
- Execute on timely and accurate EDI or paper filings and payments per jurisdictional requirements
- Identification and pursuit of mitigation opportunities including subrogation
- Accurate calculation of wage statements
- Proactive medical management and early return to work efforts
- Estimate reserves
- Ensure financial accuracy of claim files
- Manage file to timely resolution
- Excellent organizational skills required to manage a caseload
- Interest in continuing to develop jurisdictional expertise
- Willingness to learn additional jurisdictions
Utilize Business Acumen and Technical Expertise (25%)
- Maintain dedication to exceeding expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Obtain first-hand customer information; use it for improvements in products and services
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, gaining their trust and respect. Demonstrate diplomacy and tact to effectively avoid or diffuse high-tension situations
- Negotiate skillfully in challenging situations with internal and external groups
- Set aggressive and realistic expectations for responding and follow through on commitments.
- Always demonstrate professionalism and establish credibility when interacting with customers; personally enhance The Hartford's reputation in the marketplace
- Treat all customers with respect and careful attention
- Clearly explain technical information that is helpful to customers
Foster Teamwork and Inclusion (5%)
- Demonstrate knowledge of all relevant terminology to ensure accurate management of the claim
- Utilize verbal and numerical critical thinking skills to gather information and data; make sound decisions based upon the mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear succinct manner
- Ability to utilize computer technology to efficiently perform job functions
- Set challenging work goals and high standards for self; continually evaluate self against performance targets, striving to exceed expectations
Qualifications: What are we looking for?
- Support and help create a team environment that achieves diversity and Inclusion initiatives
- Support and assist in building a high performing team with diverse characteristics, where individual differences are valued
- Build appropriate rapport and constructive and effective relationships with people inside and outside the organization
- Represent The Hartford as a credible, trustworthy, flexible and dependable resource
- Demonstrate courtesy, honesty, integrity, respect and competence when interacting with others
- Consistently act with the highest level of integrity and adhere to general principles of business ethics
- A passion for customer service
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate
- Desire to advance your career and continuously improve
- Willingness to learn, lead, be led, support others, have fun and work hard
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Associates Degree considered for certain positions
You will receive a pre-employment assessment once you apply if you haven't previously taken one in the past 6 months. Once we have your completed assessment, we will review all your information and contact you about next steps. Be sure to check e-mail regularly for any status updates. To avoid emails from The Hartford being directed into spam, add Careers@TheHartford.com to your contacts. Apply online now!
The Hartford is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law. The Hartford maintains a drug-free workplace and is committed to building inclusion and leveraging diversity.
The Hartford does not provide sponsorship for this position
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD