Recruiting degree preferred candidates to start January and June 2017. Want to help people? Then you belong here.
We need exceptional people to help our customers prepare, protect, and prevail. With 206 years of expertise, The Hartford (NYSE: HIG) is a leader in property and casualty insurance, group benefits and mutual funds.
We are currently building a talent pipeline in Indianapolis, IN for qualified candidates that are interested in starting a career in Property & Casualty Claims! At The Hartford, you will receive competitive pay and great training and development. Interested? Ask us about our truly diverse and inclusive environment and tremendous community spirit. What does a Claims job entail? As a Hartford Claims employee, you will
Qualifications: What are we looking for?
- Build Strong Partnerships - Establish and maintain strong relationships with customers, and other business partners. Build credibility and gain trust while operating with integrity
- Investigate Claim Facts - Investigate and manage claim files
- Deliver Outcomes - Achieve results in support of The Hartford's industry-leading claims standards
- Learn and Grow - Receive technical training to master your role, and develop leadership competencies to build a career
What is the compensation opportunity?
- A passion for customer service
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate
- Desire to advance your career and continuously improve
- Willingness to learn, lead, be led, support others, have fun and work hard
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Associates Degree considered for certain positions
- The Hartford provides training and pays for the cost to obtain and maintain state licensing
At The Hartford, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. This position pays $43,000 plus year-end bonus with the opportunity to increase your base pay in the first 6 months of employment. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan and more. What else can you tell me?
This position of Associate Claim Representative is the entry into the Claim Handler family of jobs. Associate Claim Representative Work in a high-volume, fast-paced telephone environment to provide service to policyholders in response to notice of loss. This position is located at our Indianapolis, IN location.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to successfully complete a multi-week New Hire Training Course and, upon completion, obtain a passing score on the final course assessment. Continued employment with The Hartford is contingent upon you successfully passing the exam(s) within 30 business days from the completion of the New Hire Training.
As a condition of your employment, you must obtain and maintain a State Adjuster's License to process Property & Casualty Insurance Claims in the states supported by your office. Continued employment with The Hartford is contingent upon the successful passage of the Licensing exam(s) within 30 business days from the completion of the licensing training.
You will receive a pre-employment assessment once you apply if you haven't previously taken one in the past 6 months. Once we have your completed assessment, we will review all your information and contact you about next steps. Be sure to check e-mail regularly for any status updates. To avoid emails from The Hartford being directed into spam, add Careers@TheHartford.com to your contacts.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression