TD Securities provides a wide range of capital market products and services to corporate, government and institutional clients. The firm works with clients around the world, focusing selectively and strategically on the key financial centers: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, London, Singapore and Tokyo. www.td.com Department Overview TD Securities provides a wide range of capital market solutions and services to corporate and institutional clients. We earn opportunities based on our knowledge, innovation, and experience in the following key areas of Corporate Finance: Interest Rate and Currency risk management strategies and products, Investment and Corporate Banking and Capital Markets
Our team provides market risk management solutions to corporate and institutional clients who have interest rate and foreign exchange exposures. Specifically we identify and quantify risks and work with our clients to create an effective and appropriate hedge to mitigate these exposures. We also work internally with our relationship management and trading teams, credit and risk groups as well as operations in New York, Toronto and London. Job Description The successful candidate will be part of the TD Securities US Market Risk Solutions team and will be responsible for:
• Develop own professional expertise through on the job training and observation.
• Provide assistance to the Sales and Trading business in the execution of their daily tasks.
• Respond to day-to-day requests, providing information and advice and ensuring the issues are properly addressed.
• Deliver through established processes, systems and procedures ensuring work standards and requirements are met.
• Undertake information gathering, research and analysis of data to provide relevant advice and information.
• Assist in preparing client presentations, daily market commentary and providing timely client support.
• Liaise closely with the bank's other operations in Canada, Europe, Asia Pacific and the U.S. to assist in meeting the bank's objectives, as applicable.
• Strict adherence personally and at a desk level to the firm's procedures.
• Ensure that transactions are fully documented and processed accurately and in a timely manner.
• Be fully informed on market data, economic information and key industry developments as well as regulatory standards at all times to assist in maximizing profitability through sound trading decisions. Position develops and maintains contacts with market participants.
• You are responsible for being aware of and understanding the approved Business Strategies (Strategic Business Reviews - SBR's), applicable to your business, and ensuring that all of your business dealings are in alignment with these strategies.
• In your sales role capacity, you must obtain a current market price from an appropriate trader, either verbally or electronically before committing to binding transactions.
• You are bound by Credit Risk Policies and procedures, as they apply to your business and are responsible for being aware of and understanding such policies and procedures and ensuring that applicable sales and trading activity is in line with those policies.
• You are required to read and understand the Front Office Supervision Standard. You are required to demonstrate governance, control and risk management behaviours in alignment with TO policies and practices. #LI-JH2 Job Requirements • Applicants should be well-organized, detail oriented and able to work under pressure and tight deadlines, establish priorities and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Superior financial and analytical skills
• Strong verbal and written communication and problem solving skills.
• Proactive and highly motivated. Able to work independently and in a team environment. Qualifications • Excellent knowledge of MS Excel
• 3 to 5 years client experience required Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New York City (Primary) New York
A little about us:
TD Bank is creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the people, cultures and languages of the communities we serve.