Associate Customer Development Manager - Dollar/Alternate Channels
Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for an Associate Customer Development Manager on the Dollar/Alternate Channels team to be based out of Fort Washington Liberty Building, PA or Skillman, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc. provides sales, marketing and logistical services to U.S. retail customers on behalf of the U.S. consumer companies. It represents one point of contact with our customers for selling teams, customer service, distribution, retail merchandising and professional detailing. It develops and markets baby care, wound care, over-the-counter medicines, and skin care products that address the needs of consumer and healthcare professionals and incorporates the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brands JOHNSON'S® Baby and BAND-AID® Brands, Listerine®, Benadryl®, Tylenol®, ZYRTEC®, as well as leading beauty and skin care brands such as NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO® and more.
The Associate Customer Development Manager is responsible for executing strategies and developing tactics that align with the customer to deliver shipment forecast, consumption objectives and profitable growth targets for an assigned category. The individual will develop and maintain relationships with the customer along with internal cross functional partners. They will manage trade funds within budget and analyze promotional spending to maximize Trade Investment Efficiency.
In addition, this individual is responsible for providing analytical support to the team. They will support team members by organizing, analyzing and drawing conclusions from a variety of syndicated sources such as Nielsen and Customer POS to identify trends to provide insights based recommendations. They will provide insights and analytics to the team for the development of display, promotional materials, product assortment and packaging. They will provide point of sales results and track and report sales performance while proactively providing recommendations that will improve promotional efficiency, and optimize promotion, pricing and shelf placement. The individual will partner with cross functional peers to evaluate business results and collaborate on project initiatives. They will also complete special projects as assigned.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Implements 4P's (product, placement, promotion and pricing) business tactics that align with brand strategies and meet customer needs.
• Manages trade budget for assigned area including Lynx, returns, displays and other promotional efforts.
• Achieves forecast accuracy by working with CPFR partners. Troubleshoots orders, provides status to customers, and seek to resolve all logistical issues and challenges.
• Collaborates with finance, supply chain, brand and sales strategy trade customization to align efforts and tactics with customer(s).
• Acts in the role of primary point of contact for a category or categories with the customer and meets with buyers to discuss tactical matters such as progress to goals, promotional initiatives, issues and competitive threats.
• Executes new product launches and provides promotional materials appropriate for assigned customer(s).
• Conducts analysis to assess effectiveness of promotional activities and strategies.
• Monitors key metrics to measure progress to goals.
• Utilizes syndicated and customer data to incorporate into sales plans. Tailors customer-and product group-specific sales presentations to gain support for recommendations.
• Complies with company policy and procedures at all times
• 4 year degree required.
• At least 4 years’ prior consumer sales related experience required.
• Broad experience across sales, operations, trade, and category roles is preferred.
• Experience with non-traditional Food, Drug, and Mass customers is preferred.
• Ability to interpret and communicate complex business data and/or syndicated data preferred.
• Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively.
• Demonstrated ability to build strong business relationships.
• Ability to work effectively within a fast paced, complex matrix environment.
• Up to 25% travel required.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)