Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running. We are a community of 4,000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming but entertainment and the technology that drives our user's experience.
Blizzard Marketing is looking for an Associate Data Analyst to join the team! As our franchises continue to grow, and audiences and media platforms expand, this individual and the need for expert data analysis is critical to the success of our campaigns.
This role measures and reports on key insights for our digital marketing campaigns. The position will work with website, social media, television, search, mobile, display and organic datasets to identify underlying trends and optimize marketing ROI across channels and divisions. The role will also help to create reports and visualizations for various operational levels, participate in weekly reporting meetings with agencies and franchise leads to ensure timely delivery of reports, and help complete ad hoc projects as needed.
The ideal candidate is passionate and knowledgeable about digital marketing, is a team player, a critical thinker, and must possess strong interpersonal skills to interface effectively with both the marketing and technical teams.Responsibilities
- Data Prep and Analysis
- Align disparate marketing performance datasets; merge internal site-level data with external vendor-side data
- Assist Analytics Manager with regular analysis of campaign performance & best practices
- Work closely with teams to coordinate campaign tagging
- Work closely with Analytics Manager, BI, and game teams to coordinate tagging implementation for website and new media
- Coordinate data transfers from vendors and communicate analyses and recommendations
- Work closely with ad teams to A/B test creatives
- Maintain reporting visualizations and dashboards using Powerpoint and Tableau
- Generate reports on digital marketing efforts for Blizzard corporate and Regional Divisions as needed
- Provide insights for divisions and internal teams as needed
- Assist with individual campaign reporting requests for divisions on an ad-hoc basis.
- Manage external agencies to produce regular and ad-hoc campaign reports, drawing out insights and optimizations related to media objectives, and clearly communicating results to internal and external stakeholders
- Data Processing and Verification
- Maintain and troubleshoot data collection process with media vendors to ensure accuracy
- Work with Analytics Manager to maintain data ecosystem and assist in onboarding new technology or processes
- Work closely with vendors to validate data generated by Google Analytics and site-based tags
- Maintain campaign and creative level taxonomies
- Oversee data quality and hygiene (including extraction, transformation, and loading) and identifying inconsistencies and gaps in data to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Oversee streamlining data and analytics processes, automating tasks, and identifying opportunities to improve workflow.
- Platform Tools
- Manage global conversion tag requests for all media campaigns.
- Be an expert in Sizmek AdServer, Tune, Google Tag Manager, and Google Analytics.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in an analytics role in marketing/advertising preferred
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel or equivalent spreadsheet software
- Results-driven professional with exceptional detail and knowledge around metrics, specifically A / B, multi-variant testing, and ROI analysis
- Experience analyzing digital media campaign performance
- Strong knowledge of digital media and analytics/measurement tools including digital ad servers (e.g. DCM, Atlas, Sizmek), website analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, Omniture, Web Trends),
- Experience with data visualization (e.g. Tableau)
- Able to multitask, prioritize projects, and meet deadlines and execute high-quality work under tight deadlines with strong attention to detail
- Able to work successfully in a team environment, as well as independently, and exercise sound professional judgment
- Proficient knowledge of SQL (T-SQL, MySQL, HiveQL, etc.) and experience working with complex data sets
- Experience designing, deploying, maintaining, and enhancing analytical dashboards and reports across a variety of platforms
- Experience working in a multi-terabyte data volume environment
Required Application Materials
- Experience with Sizmek, Tune, Google Tag Manager, and Google Analytics
- Deep understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem; a strong familiarity with online media buying and selling processes and a base knowledge of DSPs, SSPs, and Ad Exchanges
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.