Associate Data Scientist
ID Analytics is a leader in credit and fraud risk solutions with patented analytics, proven expertise and up-to-the-minute insight into consumer behavior. Founded in 2002, with a vision to think differently about how institutions solve the problem of verifying consumers' identities, we now solve a full range of identity challenges, including assessing credit risk and improving online customer experience. Our tools help our clients protect themselves and their customers from identity risk and fraud. Our solutions are all powered by analytics, but it's our access to data unseen by other bureaus that differentiates our solutions. ID Analytics is a Symantec company.
We are looking for an Associate Data Scientist to join our team.Overview:
The Associate Data Scientist is part of a team that develops and refines data-driven models that power ID Analytics' products and services, improves data technology infrastructure, and communicates ongoing research and analysis to stakeholders. The Associate Data Scientist provides technical and analytical support to internal and external organizations. The Associate Data Scientist explores new data sources and regularly works with out-of-memory data sets.
This position requires the ability to design solution paths that achieve the needs of the customer. Depending on the assignment, frequent client interaction may be required to complete deliverables.Responsibilities:
- Processing large data sets and providing quality checks and analysis following established best practices with limited guidance.
- Managing and improving complex computational systems for processing and scoring data.
- Conducting data experiments to verify assumptions and hypotheses.
- Running existing algorithms.
- Performing analytical and technical investigations in support of customer and production related issues; making initial recommendations for resolution.
- Scoring and analysis of customer data and presentation of the results.
- Developing and improving tools for investigative and analytics workflows.
- Working with technical and business personnel to ensure successful outcomes for customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in a relevant technical discipline (Math, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or similar field), or Bachelor's degree in such a field with 2-4 years of relevant job experience.
- At least one year of experience with mainstream programming languages such as Java, Python, and Scala.
- Strong experience in data extraction, data manipulation, and data analysis.
- Strong mathematical and statistics skills.
- Experience with Unix/Linux system architecture and command line tools.
- Experience with scripting languages.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral) including the ability to communicate complex technical or statistical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Curiosity to pursue self-directed data analysis paths.
- Experience with Python, AWK, and SQL.
- Experience with data systems such as Hadoop, Hive, and MySQL.
- Experience with statistical or scientific computing packages.
- Experience in collaborative projects using software development best practices such as version control and testing.
- Experience with data visualization technologies such as d3 and Tableau.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.