Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running. We are a community of 4,000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience.
The Media & Analytics team, based in Irvine, is looking for a talented marketing technologist to aid Blizzard's Publishing team in solving many business-critical questions. Building frameworks and processes to structure, match, and mine our large data sets will require a detail-oriented individual with a background in data architecture, ETL work and experience with marketing tech stacks.
Reporting into the Manager, Marketing Technology, the ideal candidate will apply their skills alongside other members of the team to connect data sources and mould a large quantity of data into meaningful reporting and insights from which our operational teams can execute and improve. Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage Data Management Platform; integrate 1st party data with buying team for audience development and syndication to platforms for buying team to execute campaigns
- Work closely with Business Intelligence and Paid Media Analytics to structure data
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams and agency partners to establish and maintain collections of data internally and in the team's data management platform(s)
Other Knowledge and Skills:
- 2 years experience working in a data-focused role within the gaming industry or from Performance Marketing function/agency
- Bachelor's Degree specializing in quantitative or technological field (Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, etc.)
- Experience building and maintaining data processes at an enterprise level - especially marketing data
- Good problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable programming and prototyping skills in a modern programming language: R, Python, Java, C , Julia, Scala, etc
- Familiarity with SQL, MPP and NoSQL databases
- Good written and spoken communications skills
- Familiar with Big Data and Hadoop tech stack (HDFS / Map Reduce / Mahout / Hive / Spark)
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker or Qlikview
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.