Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you'll find yourself in the company of some of the industry's smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Associate, Application Developer Job Description
The qualified candidate will be responsible for the implementation of Consumer Lending strategies in Blaze, a Business Rules Engine. This highly-motivated individual will partner closely with technology and business teams to ensure the successful delivery of projects in a fast-paced and challenging environment. They will have the opportunity to work on exciting new consumer Lending products, deploy cutting-edge models and contribute to the profitable growth of Discover Personal/Student Loans. Key Responsibilities:
- Analyze business requirements to ensure that they are clear and complete.
- Design and code complex Consumer Lending strategies accurately within deadlines.
- Lead high level design walk-through sessions with team and business partners.
- Maintain detailed project documentation in the form of flows and tables using Microsoft Visio and Excel.
- Work with business partners to resolve defects identified during testing; resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Build collaborative relationships with business and IT partners to complete projects.
- Proactively identify and act on business opportunities and challenges.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and processes.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, math or statistics
- Proficiency with Object Oriented programming (JAVA, C#, C++ or Python).
- Problem solving ability that can research alternatives to determine best solution.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Decision Management Tools (FICO Blaze Advisor, Drools, JRules or Corticon).
- Strong familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle (e.g. requirements gathering, design, coding, and all phases of testing).
- Financial Services industry experience.
- Experience with Agile Development
- 3 or more years work experience in software development.
- Proven ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects simultaneously while working in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with Agile methodology for software development.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or other technical field.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.