Associate Delivery Specialist II
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: January 10, 2017
Reference ID: 172827BR
**Role - L1 Command Center Engineer**
Virtustream Managed Services provides comprehensive management of our customers operations in accordance with their specific service-level requirements. You would be a part of a Service Desk team of service management professionals who assume responsibility for all, or part, of a customer’s environment over a fixed term. Our team leverages ITIL standards and technology proven best practices, and proprietary operational processes.
**Description of Role**
The L1 Command Center engineer will be responsible for providing level-1 monitoring and troubleshooting of customer environments 24x7x365. The role will be expected to participate in a 24x7x365 shift rotation with colleagues and be able to work in a positive and collaborative fashion with fellow team members, L2/L3 specialist architect teams, vendor teams and customers.
**Essential Functions and/or duties:**
· Remote monitoring and first level troubleshooting for all issues related to customers converged infrastructure including OS, VMware, Backups, UCS, Networks and Storage.
· Monitor and respond to hotline, email and ITSM tools for ticket queue requests
· Ensure Managed Services L1 Command Center processes are followed accurately and client alarms are being responded promptly to manage customer agreed SLA’s.
· Handle opening and accurate updating of tickets and provide status updates to customers
· Work with vendor teams; fault management and incident/change/problem management team and escalation to internal L2/L3 specialist teams.
· Perform remote work as assigned by customer team.
· The work environment is 24/7 rotating shifts and will cover weekends and weekdays.
· Regular tracking, hand off or receive open ticket information during shift turnover changes and facilitate knowledge transfer
· Follow defined operating procedures to ensure that clients, systems and information are properly followed
· Triage incident priority and initiate situation management - open/ coordinate bridge call and follow proper incident escalation procedure in the event of priority P1 incidents.
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
**Critical Hiring Criteria:**
**Critical Hiring Criteria**
Ability to work independently.
Customer Service skill.
Strong technical aptitude.
Training and Certification Initiative.
500 - VIRTUSTREAM
US - Utah - Draper