Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Associate Director, Outcomes Research in our Deerfield, IL office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Title working on the Medical Affairs team, you will be empowered and a typical day will include:
The Associate Director (AD) Outcomes Research (OR) is a research position with the primary purpose of conducting collaborative outcomes research with payers and other organized customers as a part of a US Medical Office Outcomes Research team. As a member of the OR team, the Associate Director will identify and implement best practices and contribute to the development of best in class OR plans and studies that meet our product medical strategic objectives. The Associate Director will specifically:
- Contribute to the development of Product Medical Unit outcomes research plans that demonstrate the value of the product to patients and differentiate Takeda’s products to payers and other relevant decision makers
- Participate in cross-departmental teams to build outcomes research and partnership approaches that support our product portfolio (Global Outcomes Research, Market Access, Marketing, Pricing and Reimbursement, Brand Teams, etc.)
- Apply outcomes research scientific expertise and knowledge of the payer environment to develop and execute outcomes research plans and studies, value based agreements, quality improvement, and other related activities that are aligned with U.S. Medical Office and Product Medical strategic goals and objectives.
- Design, implement, oversee and be responsible for the flawless execution of outcomes research/real worlds outcomes studies
- Provide scientific expertise to conduct OR including but not limited to study design, database analysis, economic assessment, patient reported outcomes evaluation, publications and scientific support.
- Foster OR collaboration with external partners (including payers, health systems, academic centers and research organizations) that are involved with health care policy, disease management/quality improvement, comparative effectiveness, and medication formulary decisions.
- Works closely with Medical Unit, Market Access, National and Regional Access Managers, and US Medical Affairs teams to facilitate deep scientific product knowledge, economic value, and strategy development.
- Lead work streams relating to OR activities (e.g., health economic modeling, value communications, observational research, pragmatic clinical trials, adherence programs, Beyond the Pill (BTP) initiatives) to a high standard.
- Develop, initiate, conduct and/or oversee relevant outcomes research projects which may include, but not be limited to:
- Longitudinal prospective observational studies, pragmatic clinical trials, and/or patient registries evaluating clinical, patient-centered, and/or economic endpoints;
- Longitudinal retrospective studies of existing databases to assess patient characteristics, treatment patterns, and associated clinical, economic and/or patient-reported outcomes;
- Retrospective or prospective evaluations of disease natural history and treatment patterns, including drug utilization and adherence;
- Cross-sectional surveys of patients, caregivers, health care providers/practitioners, and/or payers;
- Assessments exploring burden of illness and/or comparative effectiveness;
- Models of cost-effectiveness and budget impact;
- Evaluation of BTP and adherence programs
- Review and approval of US OR concepts, proposals, contracts, study reports, and publications through communication and coordination with therapeutic planning teams for assigned products.
- Development and execute internal analyses within available databases to help inform additional strategies and projects
Qualifications: PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Actively participates in development, preparation and completion of Value Based assessments, AMCP dossiers, QI, adherence, CER and Beyond the Pill initiatives.
- Collaborate with OR team, External Affairs and Medical Team to develop, interpret, and disseminate data/information assessing the medical value of assigned products.
- Collaborates with medical matrix teams and leads the coordination and reporting of relevant outcomes-related sessions at scientific and professional meetings that are of strategic interest to Takeda.
- Consistently completes all required training, activity documentation, knowledge management systems, expense reporting, and other administrative responsibilities as required by SOPs and guidelines.
- The qualified candidate will have a doctoral degree in a health sciences related field such as a PharmD, MD or PhD, with a thorough grasp of the pharmaceutical industry, healthcare environment, and outcomes research.
- The qualified candidate will be an experienced health economics, health services, and/or outcomes research scientist, with a strong, proven track record of generating evidence to support market access for pharmaceuticals.
- Preferred 4 years post-doctoral healthcare experience in the pharmaceutical, managed care, or consulting industries with a primary focus on health economics and outcomes research, and an emphasis on Market Access (public or private payers).
- Proven track record of teamwork, leadership, project management, timely decision-making and results orientation in meeting business objectives.
- Excels at leveraging professional relationships with regionally and nationally based managed care organizations and thought leaders in the areas of pharmacoeconomic and outcomes research and other areas of mutual interest by aligning thought leader expertise with Takeda needs.
- Possesses superior communication skills, both oral and written, and able to engender trust and respect of peers, subordinates and superiors.
- Proven business and analytical skills and an in-depth understanding of pharmaceutical business practices that impact commercialized and development of compounds.
- Demonstrates expert awareness and the ability to understand, interpret and make recommendations concerning the evolving US health care marketplace.
- Extremely self-confident, possesses a strong work ethic, has exceptional organization skills with a demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office application including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- MBA, MPH, MHA or other business training will be considered if degree is specific to health economics or outcomes research, with appropriate clinical background and years of experience.
- Pharmacoeconomics training (e.g., MS, PhD), fellowship, and/or background in outcomes research.
- An understanding of FDA regulations related to the submission of pharmacoeconomic data and requirements for pharmacoeconomic promotion and labeling.
- No unusual physical demands are expected in this position.
- Manual dexterity is expected sufficient to use or operate office equipment (computers, phones, etc.).
- In this position, one should be able to sit or stand for long periods of time (e.g., while traveling).
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips and some weekend commitments. Some international travel may be required.
- This position may be either office or remote with a strong preference for it to be Deerfield based. If remote, travel to Deerfield may be required, in addition to other travel commitments
- Requires approximately 25-40 % travel, including some overnight and weekend commitments.
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com
. Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.