Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting a nonclinical statistician at an Associate Director level for the Translational Medicine and Early Development (TMEDS) group to be located in La Jolla, CA. The scope of the TMEDS team focuses on integration of drug discovery and early clinical trials.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information. We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Associate Director, Biostatistics:
• Provides lead support for the design, execution, analysis, interpretation, and reporting or communication of data evidence for Research & Discovery programs at JanssenR&D.
• Takes a leadership role in providing input to program plans.
• Identifies and assists in the implementation of innovative statistical approaches.
• Represents TMEDS cross-functional and intra-departmental teams or working groups, including Janssen senior management-level reviews. The successful candidate must be constantly eager to expand their statistical, communications, and computing expertise.
• Will enjoy the process of building long-term collaborative relationships, support junior staff, be at ease with either a non-rigid or rigid structure to projects, and be organized in handling numerous projects simultaneously.
• Participates in the external professional community as well as leads and co-authors publications and presentations.
• A minimum of a Ph.D. in Statistics or related field with minimum 6 years relevant experience
• A track record for suggesting, evaluating and implementing successful alternative or innovative approaches to statistical methods or business processes is required.
• Interaction with clinicians, biologists, other statisticians, information technology colleagues, and Neuroscience management in particular will be a routine, therefore a strong record of written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Experience of statistics application to drug discovery is preferred.
• Understanding of the fundamentals of machine learning and the development of predictive models derived from signal feature reduction is preferred.
• Experience in feature selection from biomedical images is preferred.
• Experience developing and applying signal processing algorithms is preferred.
• Proficiency of R or SAS statistical software is required.
• Knowledge of Matlab is preferred.
• Knowledge of linear and nonlinear mixed models and multivariate analysis is required.
• Exposure to modern data analysis techniques such as data visualization, robust statistics and analysis of high-dimensional data is preferred.
• Experience working autonomously and with cross functional teams is required.
• Demonstrated people management experience is preferred.
• 10% or less domestic and international travel is required.
United States-California-San Diego
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.