Bristol-Myers Squibb is currently recruiting for an Associate Director, Active Surveillance, Strategic Corporate Development, within Business Development. Located in Princeton, NJ.
The Associate Director will be responsible for:
- Working in close collaboration with Search & Evaluation, R&D and Commercial to establish and update external growth strategies
- Managing regular and substantive interactions with various parts of the external biopharma ecosystem
- Possess the ability to articulate, advocate and present M&A and divestiture opportunities; prepare company profiles and summaries, including the full business case (real-time tracking of scientific, commercial and financial value drivers, key upcoming events, value inflection points, intellectual property, and competitive landscape)
- Supporting project teams and the assessment of M&A opportunities and key due diligence activities by working successfully across the company’s various stakeholders. This includes supporting diligence, internal reviews/approvals, negotiation, and drafting of contracts in collaboration with the Legal Department.
A successful candidate should have the following qualifications, knowledge and abilities:
- Significant understanding of the biopharma industry opportunities and challenges, analytical experience, and preferably deal or investing experience
- MBA, MD, PhD or other advanced degree preferred
- At least 5 years of relevant business experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, equity research, investment banking, or consulting
- Strong analytical, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with senior management
- Proven ability to lead multiple projects efficiently and with a high degree of independence and high attention to detail
- Ability to act with speed; consistently delivering on commitments in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate ideas and lead others to accomplish challenging goals and objectives
- Experience working with both internal and external multidisciplinary teams customers
- Can-do attitude and ability to work in a highly matrixed and dynamic business environment including ability to interact and communicate to senior level executives
A little about us:
Our shared focus to become a Diversified Specialty BioPharma company is driving us forward. Pioneering in new areas of research.