About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Responsible for ensuring sound statistical thinking and methods are utilized in the discovery and development of new medicines in the Neuroscience. In particular, provide statistical support and consulting for the Blue Sky program. Blue Sky is a premier multiyear innovation-collaboration with IBM (International Business Machines) and the company that will develop, validate and implement an industry leading mobile/digital technology program for incorporation into clinical trials. The Blue Sky team will construct a system in which, first, digital continuous/dynamic measurements in patients are used for diagnosis and health state monitoring. These sensor-data will then be integrated into a machine-intelligent closed loop system to provide a highly personalized therapeutic intervention for each patient. This statistician will be a key member of the team, responsible for statistical design and analysis of human biology studies aimed at discovering and validating novel methodologies for continuous, in-home monitoring of symptoms.
• Collaborate with various scientists in the design, analysis and reporting of clinical experiments.
• Core member of scientific teams responsible for determining strategy and delivering results in a timely and high quality environment.
• Interact with internal and external experts to assure sound quantitative approaches are applied to collection and analysis of a wide variety of data types.
• Leader to bring innovative statistical thinking and methods to help drive the enhanced quantitative drug discovery and development paradigm within the company. Central to this approach is the systematic review of prior information, statistical model building and simulation, utilizing Bayesian methods as appropriate, to design more effective studies.
• Ensure rigorous approaches are taken to ensure good scientific practices are followed: excellent statistical methods utilized and documented in protocols, analysis plans and manuscripts, and assay methods are appropriately blinded, randomized and designed to meet clear objectives
• Use statistical expertise to influence both internal and external reports and presentations, with the aim to improve the quality of internal decision making and increase our influence on the external environment
MSc in Statistics (PhD preferred), or demonstration of sufficient statistical training to be successful in the position.
• Experience applying statistical methods to the prospective design and analysis of scientific and/or clinical problems. Research experience with mathematical/statistical modeling using complex data.
• Pharmaceutical applications desired, with early clinical (phase I and phase II) and translational experience a definite advantage.
• Familiarity/expertise in designing clinical studies using imaging or other technology modalities as primary endpoints a definite advantage
• Experience running simulations and mixed model
• Experience with multivariate statistics and statistical methods to quantify uncertainty in multi-dimensional, multi-modality data
• Either experience in using or sound understanding of the value of Bayesian methods to scientific research.
• Demonstrated strong communication skills, both oral and written.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a part of a team.
• Must have SAS or R programming skills
• Must be able to explain statistical techniques and considerations to non-statisticians
• Working knowledge of scientific programming in MATLAB desirable. Hands-on experience with high-performance computing, Unix environment, scripting, are preferred
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.