Associate Director, Business Development (open to relocation to west coast!)
Location: San Francisco, California
Posted: November 16, 2017
Reference ID: 1719955
Join us on our exciting journey!IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
DescriptionWe're open to relocating strong candidate to the west coast!
As an award-winning market leader, IQVIAoffers exciting opportunities for top-performing Business Development professionals. We provide clear career progression with significant investment in growing, training and developing our talent. Our BD roles are ideal for those looking to progress in their career while retaining significant customer relationships.
Working with a wide variety of clients, this role mixes strategic and transactional relationships. This requires the ability and flexibility to adapt different strategies for different audiences - from business development with new clients through to developing solutions with more established customers. It also presents the opportunity for integrated sales across these different account types.
Work proactively to identify and develop customer relationships through consultative, proactive sales activities directed at decision-makers and influencers within the western sales territory.
• Actively prospect and leverage potential new business opportunities within specified potential new and/or existing
• Actively network in the industry to establish relationships and to identify potential opportunities.
• Work with Sales Management to identify and prioritize list of target Account opportunities for each 'prospecting cycle' (e.g.
• Under the leadership of Sales Management, continuously monitor status of leads and opportunities to ensure a pipeline of
opportunities is maintained.
• Coordinate with centers of excellence and proposals team to develop proactive customer engagements and handle follow-up related
Activities both internally and externally.
• Maintain and document regular communication with customer.
• Report all customer related activities in CRM system.
• Prepare costumer activity report for Sales Management as required.
• Serve as a liaison between the customer and technical and operational groups at IQVIA.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Solid understanding of the principles of drug discovery and development
• Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite: MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, MS Outlook, and Internet)
• Excellent understanding of business and Industry Trends and ability to interpret the trends relevant to the business
• Excellent analytical skills in assessing and interpreting customer business data
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Excellent analytical and research skills
• Must be self-directed and capable of prioritizing opportunities and performing multiple tasks
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to maintain demanding timelines
• Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
• Experience with social selling processes and guidelines
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in business, science or related discipline and 7 to 10 years related experience; or equivalent combination of
education, training and experience.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes.
Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!
We invite you to join IQVIA™.