Associate Director, Business Process Optimization - Gaithersburg, MD
we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
The Associate Director, Business Process Optimization
in Gaithersburg, MD
will be the Bio Operations Systems Lead working within the Biologics Center of Excellence to Direct and Manage Technical Business Process Design, Project Delivery and Management. Will be focused on delivering scalable and sustainable business solutions, that are aligned with Stakeholder expectations and consistently executed within Business Leadership and the overall governance framework. Will rollout Biologics Process and System integration projects using global templates. Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads Large Scale Americas Biologics Systems projects to enhance supply chain capability and performance. Examples include: SAP ERP Upgrade Project, next Generation Planning Platforms, Control Towers, Analytics, and Partner Integration, etc.
- Works Closely with business users and Process Champions, identifies business improvement opportunities and convinces leadership to support and approve recommended changes. Collaborates with Business Process Owners (BPO) to understand their goals and works to provide enabling solutions.
- Partners with Key internal and external stakeholders to deliver systems functionality to the Biologics Supply Chain and Organization.
- Owns the Supply Chain Business Process Intelligence Training Program to ensure users are continuously maturing their business process Acumen and knowledge of business systems.
- As a member of the Supply Chain Center of Excellence Leadership Team, ensures a strong Systems Function delivering value to Supply Chain Business users and Confidence from the Overall Biologics Leadership Team (BOLT)
- Prioritises business improvement opportunities and delivers own business improvement findings and recommendations to a cross-functional team
- Enables cross-functional sharing of business improvement ideas by ensuring adequate systems and processes for recording data in a centrally accessible manner
- Supports project managers in implementing changes to improve the way various functions and teams perform
- Co-ordinates the development and presentation of best options or working models to enhance business continuity or improve business performance
- Ensures efficient and effective leadership and management of business Improvement projects
- Keeps self and others up to date on recent developments and emerging trends on an internal and external basis
- Leads and implements globally agreed Business Improvement strategies including process and technology related to the function
- 5 - 10 years experience managing systems - life cycle development projects
- Significant experience in Business Process/Systems Improvement
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline (Engineering or Supply Chain or Information Systems)
- Advanced degree within field (Business or Finance)
- Professional certification - PMP
- Project management experience
Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
MedImmune is the global biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca